Another case of the hairdresser doing the opposite...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
:cry:

I always read about other peoples' hair disasters and now I've had one of my own. I have long, thick dark hair which borders between wavy and curly, and got a good cut yesterday. It's now layered and very much reduced in volume. Naturally, being pleased with my cut, I decided to get a colour...
I asked for lowlights around the bottom layers with caramel ones towards the top layer, using my natural colour and enhancing it.
What did I get? A pitch black undercut-colour, and the rest of my head in foils in blonde blonde blonde, which any idiot can see doesn't go with my skin tone. They're lots of little streaks, effectively combining with my natural hair colour to make me look grey and all in all it looks awful. So what did I do? Not open my mouth, of course. I'm such a wuss. Made harder by the fact that the stylist was going on about how great it looks and "just like we discussed"... It sounds stupid but I just couldn't find an opening to say that it wasn't.
I bought a cheap, wash-out dye in light brown to tone down the streaks when I got home, but I'm still not satisfied. AND I realised that they'd ripped me off by €10, as the deal included a product or €10 cheaper without, and they charged me the higher price. You got it - I didn't get a product either.

So when I go in on Monday to ask for the money they overcharged me, am I still entitled to ask them to dye back over my hair free of charge? Or did I ruin that for myself by being a wuss, not saying anything, and attempting to correct it myself?

I'm so unhappy, my pride and joy looks awful and cheap :sad:
Thank you to all professionals out there who can tell me how they'd prefer their customers to handle it - I'd appreciate any advice.
xx

Hi there,
my gos that doesnt sound too good, im so sorry that you've had a bad hair experience, its awful as some of these bad hairdressers out there give the rest of us a bad name. I have worked with a stylist like this before and she never listened-i mean never she would talk all over what the client was saying and no one would leave with what they asked for, we had angry clients coming back in and crying clients.
So from that experience i would say the best thing is to is, go back into the salon, be calm about the whole situation and if you feel comfortable letting another stylist re-do the colour let them and this should be free of charge, and really they should give you a few tester products to go on with and most certainly the one you missed out on. Or if you dont want them touch your hair again which is understandable, again calmly go in, explain what you dont like, you got ripped off etc they should be ok and return your money. This maybe the better option as if you put a brown colour on yourself they maybe hesistant to touch it now. Main thing is stay calm as there is nothing worse than a angry or crying client as it upsets everyone and some stylist can react badly to this and insist it is not their fault. So be brave stay calm and it will be fine.
I hope this helps and hope you got it in time!!
Be good to hear how you got on.......
Laura

Latest posts

Back