Another newbie today!- need info for working from home as a nail technician

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uber

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Glad to be a part of this forum. I think i'll need it as I plan to take a CND foundation course in September.

I have a question re setting up from home.
Can this be a lucrative business?

Hi anyone there :)

I just really want to know if I'll be able to make a good stream of income from working from home.

Anybody with a testimony??

It depends on a lot, for example: how good you are, how much advertising you are prepared to do, how long you are planning on building your client base, etc......

It takes time to build a base of regular clients especially working from home with no shop front. I am mobile, I have a nice base of regular clients but I've been doing it for nearly 6 years. If you are expecting doing nails to be a quick way to make a fortune you are sadly mistaken.

You need to have funds available to hone your new skills as well as tell your potential clients where you are and what you do...... On average you need to do about 100 sets of nails before you are happy with the nails you produce, so you have to be prepared for that as well.

The reason you have not had any replies is it's not an easy question to answer as you can see by my rambling!

Anyway, hth's

The reason you have not had any replies is it's not an easy question to answer as you can see by my rambling!

Anyway, hth's

lol @ the above
Thanks Yvette, that is very useful information.

I plan on practicising a lot. I wasn't planning on making a fortune at the start. I just needed to make sure that i would eventually be able to cover my outgoings and leave my part time job so I could look after my baby as well as work from home. Eventually though i was hoping to make a decent income and increase my services.

I had planned to do a lot of advertising so from what you have said things look promising.

I have taken on board what you've said, much appreciated

thanks again :)

Latest posts

Back