Any creative words of salon wisdom?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailz73

Reaction score
Hi all...

Been a while since I posted on forum...I am finally doing it, I clinched my deal for a salon lease...eeekk...now am scared, just finalising to receive funding..

So much going through my head right now I can't slow,it down...all new territory for me..

My current situ is mobile/working from home...but I really need more of a stable base...I only offer nail services at this time...but the intended salon was used for hairdressers...and has a room within for beauty , so it will be nails, hair and beauty...

My dilemma.....do I go for a name change to reflect a more professional image ?..

My current business name for past 3 years has been Dragonfly Nails..(as I soley offer nail services) ...do,I modify and enhance the name...or change it...am so stumped..

I do have some back up names Style & File, N:Hance , amongst others ...would it be wise, am hoping someone of major salon ownership could perhaps share some,pearls of wisdom on this to break my brain freeze a little...

Thanks in advance...

Sarah xx

I would have a name change personally. A fresh, new start, in your very own new salon. Good luck x

I too would change the name. The name needs to reflect what the business does now and what it can do in the future as you and your services will grow and the business name needs to be able to grow with you. It needs to be marketable, easy to remember for the right reasons.

Just bumping this up,hoping for some help,with inspiration for a re branding ..

I have so far..

Style & file (after searching is so popular damn)

The style lounge ..(salon is not huge and wanted to invoke a sense of comfort)

Teal ( one of my fave colours, colour of tunic and towels) how I could market hmmm

Invoco ( not sure is Latin for style) ..

Above style or above beauty (salon is situated on a first floor)

Current name for mobile at the moment is dragonfly nails as I just offer nail services...my mum bless her came up,with it as we all love dragonflies I. A spiritual sense...so it's personal

Not sure how I can put this to create a salon name...struggling..

I was also trying to create a unique name and branding from my children's names.. Kai and lily...well hard as everything sound like a Japanese restaurant lol..

Any tips or suggestions would be great most names I have listed before have already been taken ..

I only have 1 salon in the area I will be in which is called headlines & beautylines..

Now have written this all down I forgot I am a lover of orchids lol...so looking down that road now to...

Xxxx

The Style Lounge us my favourite out of all the ones you've listed.
Good luck!

I like The Style Lounge but Orchid Beauty sounds nice too. Could you bring the dragonfly into the salon with pictures/wall art? :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Style lounge gets the vote from me too - really like it. Xx

The style lounge does it for me

Amy's hairdressing

Another vote for the style lounge. It's perfect!

Thank you ladies...

I know there lots of threads on names and names ideas...just had some of my own and hoped someone could boost the inspiration of how others would see it...

I have after much deliberation and a few sleepless nights lol.. Chosen "the style lounge".

Thanks again for helping me make my kind up...

Sarah xxx

Latest posts

Back