Any home based Wakefield Leeds area nail techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KateeLouise

Reaction score
Hi geeks I was wondering if there was any Wakefield Leeds area home based nail techs that could help me out with if need a permit and roughly how much it is ? As I am going to open my own home salon. Xx

any 1 at all ?? or in west yorkshire area??? x

Hi
I'm home based and mobile, what info do you need?

Hi
I'm home based and mobile, what info do you need?

Did you have to have a permit and if so can you private message me how much it was and what else i need to know for opening my own home based salon.
also does home base work round this area ?

thanks for replying to me xx

Hi
When i started out i was mobile but soon realised that lugging my stuff around was a bit of a pain so i decided to set up a nail table in my conservatory. This has resulted in my moving half of the conservatory furniture out and all my nail & beauty stuff in. Most of my clients are a result of word of mouth recommendations and they live out of my mobile area so they all come for treatments at my home salon.
First step was to inform the HMRC to register as self employed, second make sure its ok with your home insurer and mortgage lender (or landlord), third i rang wakefield council and told them i intended to do some work from home. The council asked how many clients a day would be at my house ( i said less than five and no more than one extra car parked at my property at any one time) they said they would inform the Environmental Health dept and they then rang me and came out to check my salon, made sure i had MSDS for all my products, asked how i would dispose of waste etc and then gave me a copy of their report saying everything was ok.
I think because my little salon can be easily dismantled (fold up couch etc) and doesnt have a complete change of purpose the council and my mortgage lender have no problem with it. If i had installed fixtures and fittings though i think that may have been different.
My advice to you would be ring the council and make enquiries. Tell them you are thinking of opening a home salon and ask for their guidelines etc.
Hope thats helped a bit. Feel free to pm me anytime. Just out of interest where in wakefield are you? :) x

Hi
When i started out i was mobile but soon realised that lugging my stuff around was a bit of a pain so i decided to set up a nail table in my conservatory. This has resulted in my moving half of the conservatory furniture out and all my nail & beauty stuff in. Most of my clients are a result of word of mouth recommendations and they live out of my mobile area so they all come for treatments at my home salon.
First step was to inform the HMRC to register as self employed, second make sure its ok with your home insurer and mortgage lender (or landlord), third i rang wakefield council and told them i intended to do some work from home. The council asked how many clients a day would be at my house ( i said less than five and no more than one extra car parked at my property at any one time) they said they would inform the Environmental Health dept and they then rang me and came out to check my salon, made sure i had MSDS for all my products, asked how i would dispose of waste etc and then gave me a copy of their report saying everything was ok.
I think because my little salon can be easily dismantled (fold up couch etc) and doesnt have a complete change of purpose the council and my mortgage lender have no problem with it. If i had installed fixtures and fittings though i think that may have been different.
My advice to you would be ring the council and make enquiries. Tell them you are thinking of opening a home salon and ask for their guidelines etc.
Hope thats helped a bit. Feel free to pm me anytime. Just out of interest where in wakefield are you? :) x
Thank u you've helped me loads, I am in Ossett area. Thanks again very appreciated x

You're very welcome! Best of luck with your new venture, hope it goes well :)

Latest posts

Back