Any ideas what this is?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harlsdiesel2

Reaction score
I think I came across a thread the other day which was very similar but please take a look.these are the worst 2 fingers but it's on everynail!
I haven't seen this client for a while but she did admit to obsessing about the underneath of the free edge and picking underneath them with a stick when they got dirt under them.do you think this is why it's happened?are they fungal?I didn't do her nails today told her to show the doctor and I'll do them when there better.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342710570.637187.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1342710570.637187.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 366
I didn't think they look fungal but she has definitely been scraping them away from the nail bed ,she goin to have to stop and hope as they grow the reattach them selfs :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Also why did she starts this behavior :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

It looks like a case of 'Onycholysis' this is a common condition which is the nail plate separating from the nail bed.
It can be caused by a few things most commonly is trauma.

The client has caused this damage by picking under the nail she will have to stop now or this will be permanent.
File her nails very short, tip of finger no longer and get her to apply Solar Oil at least twice a day this will help everything knit back together.

If she continues to pick under the nail this will result in the condition being permanent.
:hug:

Looks like a case of onycholysis to me! Only cure is time and some TLC, cuticle oil, frequent nail baths and keep nails short and clean. aw I hate seeing sad nails :( I had a client that was a gardener and used to pick the dirt out from under her nails while wearing extensions and the end result was much worse than this!! With regular manicures she now has lovely natural nails and wears gloves to do her gardening lol

Thankyou lady's lots of tlc for my lady then hopefully they'll get better sn.she did want shellac on them! maybe a few more weeks.Xx

Yup definitely onycholysis. She needs to keep them short and dry. Actually Shellac might not be such a good idea. I have read that the UV light can actually cause or contribute to onycholysis. Medscape: Medscape Access

Get her a nail brush!! They are only like 30p in home bargains!!

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

It almost looks like a long time nail biter who has messed there free edge and now that they have stopped biting their free edge is growing it weird and massive looking

Latest posts

Back