Any lone parent nail techs on Working Tax Credits?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any one got an answer for my question on working out estimate earnings please?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh sorry I didn't see this when I wrote my reply lol- yeah I heard this too- it will get tougher for businesses in future years- not sure if it's including parents though?!

Yes that's why gingerbread and single parent charities are having a hairy! These ironing, cleaning and BEAUTY, government subsidised businesses will be effected, good news for the bigger salons!. Why does being a single parent suddenly make you exempt? I think single parents should work or study its a luxury to be an at home mother.

As for the lady you will have to check universal credits and how you intend to make clear the minimum wage for 16hours so none of this earning £3000 and claiming everything under the sun those days are gone especially for new claimants, it was a loophole waiting to be closed.

Last edited:
Yes that's why gingerbread and single parent charities are having a hairy! These ironing, cleaning and BEAUTY, government subsidised businesses will be effected, good news for the bigger salons!. Why does being a single parent suddenly make you exempt? I think single parents should work or study its a luxury to be an at home mother.

As for the lady you will have to check universal credits and how you intend to make clear the minimum wage for 16hours so none of this earning £3000 and claiming everything under the sun those days are gone especially for new claimants, it was a loophole waiting to be closed.

Yeah I would take advice for hmrc if I were you! And intend to myself at some point. What I did see is that universal credit gives a 12mth grace period for all new businesses to help you get off the ground and it don't come into force till 2017 so there's time to build your business and make it a success!

I worked out how much I had to earn by looking at my working hours and how much I would charge then deducted costs per head- literally putting pen to paper I suppose is the only way! It probably isn't accurate as it could be?!

Hopefully another geek has an answer for that one as I would love to know....

Latest posts

Back