Any Redken colour experts here please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaye74

Reaction score
Hey geeks,

I'm transitioning from Wella to Redken appointed Salon this week, could really do with some advice and formulas if you have any please ? TIA :)
Gutted not using Wella as know it like the back of my hand. :-( xx

I'm the same, Been using it in a new salon with new girls none of us having used it before and were all having a lil bit of trouble. Reds, And grey coverage. Any help would be great

Sent from my M9 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hey geeks,

I'm transitioning from Wella to Redken appointed Salon this week, could really do with some advice and formulas if you have any please ? TIA :)

Gutted not using Wella as know it like the back of my hand. :-( xx

Redken is a brilliant colour range. We used it in my previous salon. I love the shades EQ, which u use to tone or as semis. The NB's in that range are lovely, for example 09nb which is like a creamy blonde is fab. Also 09v for an icy blonde = amaze. The chromatics are amaze aswell, leaves the hair feeling lovely and the colour stretches loads. They also do chromatics beyond which is for Grey coverage being 75%-100% grey which cover brill. You'll love redken!X

I'm the same, Been using it in a new salon with new girls none of us having used it before and were all having a lil bit of trouble. Reds, And grey coverage. Any help would be great

Sent from my M9 using SalonGeek mobile app

What problems are u havin with grey coverage hun? Chromatics beyond for 75-100%. And if not using beyond are u using enough base and using 6%?

I was always told to mix alittle av in with your root colour to avoid root glow, i am in love with 9t chrome eq shades gloss and the 8ns are lovely for refreshing colour using your approciate dilutions with clear. Theres 4 ways of mixing it. 10av and 10ab chromatics with 30vol is the best coolest highlift tone you can achieve. 8cc in eq shades demi is so vibrant. The ag tones are good for removing red.
We all hated the gbs as they came out almost warm khaki.
10ago is nice in highlights also 6gm is as near to chocolate

Love Redken the permanant lines & their shades EQ. I use EQ for pre-pig all the time they are true to swatch, quick acting, hard for over grabbing & are more acidic leaving a nicely shut cuticle after services not to mention they have a gloss finish to them as well. You can feel it in the hair when you rinse them out! They have an awesome clear coat too for shine & seal. A few years back they came out with these "Rubiline" red/copper shades in the permanant line:Fusion.....I switched a lady with 80% white/grey hair over to it whom loves a vibrant copper red like a redhead that used henna kind of red so I mixed 50/50 7N+7RC....it was awesome! All white covered & she loved it because it lasted way longer & didnt fade much!

A 50/50 ratio on white hair= 50%target base color plus 50% desired base worked awesomely.

Shades EQ I love mixing 50/50/ 6N+6G as a nice low-lite on prior stripped hair for a client whos N lv.5/6.The 9N yields an awesome light wheat color & 9V is their platnium. They make awesome toners on damp hair too!
I'm glad your switching so many people use wella & I don't like it much. The only thing is they use the lettering system not numerical. A capital first letter on the box is the primary pigment. If the next letter is lowercase, like say: 7Cg....this means the lv.=7+mostly Copper with a little bit of gold in it. If the box says say 7CG, this means lv.7+ Copper + Gold in equal amounts.

I'm sure you will love it!

I agree with vividamenesia, about shades eq. I primarily use wella, but i love eq. I use it to refresh mids and ends on a red overy other time i color. I use color touch on the new gowth and eq on mids and ends. Great, shiny long lasting color.

Haven't used it as a toner yet, but as I'm in love with illumina for toning blondes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back