Anybody in the same boat as me?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
I have had my own beauty studio for just over a year, I work part time as I have little ones and I am just the right amount of busy. I am booked up at least 3 weeks ahead of myself :) but..... I just can't seem to earn any money. I obviously haven't got my business head on! I am always investing in something, whether it's new gel polishes, skincare, make-up I am always looking for the next ultimate product to retail/use (none ever seem to live up to my expectations). I am just wondering if this is normal and will it pass? And eventually will I stop and actually make money?? My other half gets really stressed at me as I am always training etc.... :) I also have maxed out my CC with these purchases!! I absolutely love this industry and I am very passionate about what I do xxxx

Hi,
You need to stop buying ... Or limit amount of spend. Before you buy next time think :
are you buying to restock?
Are you buying because you need it or because you want it? Will you have more clients if you buy it?
I hope this thread helps

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=200009

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Hi,
You need to stop buying ... Or limit amount of spend. Before you buy next time think :
are you buying to restock?
Are you buying because you need it or because you want it? Will you have more clients if you buy it?
I hope this thread helps

http://www.salongeek.com/showthread.php?t=200009

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I do think this before I buy, and I find I can justify all my expenses! Does anyone make money in the first year, taking into account training stock and products they use? I suppose next year will be easier xx

Your outgoings are the same if you work part time or full time other than the products you use. I have this problem due to childcare. Before having the kids i earned good money, now because im not there as much i dont sell as much retail or do as many treatments. Iv tried staff but they pinched more than they earned, iv tried renting a room out but when i wasnt there allsorts happened. Now i think i have a happy medium, iv cut back on stock, keep best sellers and order anything else in for people. I always had the whole new season make up stand aswell as my main make up stand... not now i just choose the bits i know will sell. I do the treatments that clients never cancel, nails and CACI. I tick over quite happily, next year i can return to full time and start earning again. Stop looking for the next big thing and stick to what you are best at and build your hours up xx

Latest posts

Back