Anyone else fed up with ombré now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairbyjamie

Reaction score
For the past 2 years or so ombré has been huge in the hair industry but I've had enough now. Everywhere I look I see ombré - all the celebrities , models, kids etc. I just want something new to happen. Of course it looks gorgeous (professionally) but I'm bored. Anyone else feel the same ?

I feel like this too, I gotten rid of mine in January and now my ladies are going back to their usual highlights slowly but surely!

For my work personally, I've always considered balayge highlights and ombre more of the darker look. Meaning I do balayge to replace foils for blonding.

I think the ombre look can look amazing done well, but it often turns brassy fast. I'm probably a bit over it, but I love open air painting. When I go to an art store, I'm always looking at new brushes I could use for my work. I love the artistry part of balyage highlighting. Because on one hand you have the science part of the work with mixing ratios, etc. But then you have creative part as well.

Latest posts

Back