Anyone had acupuncture?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lydia c

Reaction score
I have been diagnosed with endometriosis !!! I am thinking of having acupuncture and wandered if anyone has had it ? If you have does it help ?

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis !!! I am thinking of having acupuncture and wandered if anyone has had it ? If you have does it help ?

Hi sorry to here you have this ....I was diagnosed with the same and had all manner of treatments including laser etc .....I did try acupuncture and was given herbal medicine to take along with the treatment ...I did a three month course overall but unfortunately for me it didn't have any positive effect ....but don't be put off by other people's stories as everyone's bodies are different and react to different things in different ways ....I hope you find something that helps x

Hi I have had Accupuncture in the past and I found it to be very effective. X

Having some on Friday for a shoulder/compressed nerve problem, Will let you know xx

I've had some for my back but it didn't do much for me but then again I had fractured my coccyx

Hi sorry to here you have this ....I was diagnosed with the same and had all manner of treatments including laser etc .....I did try acupuncture and was given herbal medicine to take along with the treatment ...I did a three month course overall but unfortunately for me it didn't have any positive effect ....but don't be put off by other people's stories as everyone's bodies are different and react to different things in different ways ....I hope you find something that helps x
It's awful so painful it's been like this for 3 years and only just been diagnosed !! I'll give it a go and see x

It's awful so painful it's been like this for 3 years and only just been diagnosed !! I'll give it a go and see x

Bless you 8 years for me going too and from doctors and hospitals until I got diagnosed ....I know how painful it is so its worth giving anything a try x

Acupuncture worked wonders for my back pain alongside osteopathy. I felt a little bruised the day after the first treatment but not after the others.

It's worth a try :)

Sorry! Shockingly late to this thread....considering I'm an acupuncturist! Lol.

Yes endometriosis is a condition that can respond well to treatment. Symptoms can vary enormously from person to person so how many or how frequently you will need treatment depends on the individual.
I usually time the treatment to fit in to the menstrual cycle to get the best affects.
It's certainly worth trying!

Yeh let me know [emoji3]

Well it didn't help me, but then I'm convinced I've got a bone out of place so that would be why. Dr thinks it's muscular bla bla

Anyway, I can tell you the acupuncture was very relaxing and didnt hurt one bit, so give it a whirl, hope your works for you x

Well it didn't help me, but then I'm convinced I've got a bone out of place so that would be why. Dr thinks it's muscular bla bla

Anyway, I can tell you the acupuncture was very relaxing and didnt hurt one bit, so give it a whirl, hope your works for you x
That's good to know thanks for letting me know , I'd rather try this then have hormones put in my body ( I'm strange like that ) x

I have had it for my back and for stress it works my wife had it when we were having infertility issues she had some endometriosis and she got pregnant. After trying for 2 years and I think the acupuncture helped a lot we were a month away from injectable drugs and it happened Thinkyou need to find a practitioner who specializes or at least has treated your specific issue. I went to a chiropractor acupuncturist she went to a Chinese medical acupuncturist who had a good rate of success with infertility. Good luck

I have had it for my back and for stress it works my wife had it when we were having infertility issues she had some endometriosis and she got pregnant. After trying for 2 years and I think the acupuncture helped a lot we were a month away from injectable drugs and it happened Thinkyou need to find a practitioner who specializes or at least has treated your specific issue. I went to a chiropractor acupuncturist she went to a Chinese medical acupuncturist who had a good rate of success with infertility. Good luck
That's great [emoji3] will be looking properly in new year X

That's great [emoji3] will be looking properly in new year X
I've had it also but you need to use one who is recommended to you personally. Mine acupuncturist is in Hereford and originally from China and extremely good.

You want to make sure you see an acupuncturist who does traditional Chinese acupuncture. Some physios and chiros do a form of 'dry needling' where they stick needles into tense muscles to get them to relax...that's not the same as acupuncture!
Tradtional Chinese Acupuncture is concerned with balancing the body and getting it to heal itself, so it does muscular skeletal stuff ( but not bones out of place!) as well as low energy levels , menstrual / menopausal problems, digestive disorders, nausea etc.

It's not a pug..as I doubt you live in my area, but there's loads of stuff about acupuncture on my website www.acuhome.co.uk you might find some of that info useful!

I've had acupuncture just make sure you go to someone that knows what they are doing. Needles in your back is scary. I go to the spine doctor in Harley street.

Are you Bournemouth way Lydia?

Yes about 15 miles from Bournemouth x

I can recommend a lady in charminster who I went to if you like ... My pain has now gone so I think it was a combination of chiropractic and acupuncture and as she does both its quite useful! Let me know if you'd like the details x

Latest posts

Back