Anyone had the coil fitted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the copper coil fitted when my daughter was about 4 months old so I've had it about 9 months now. I wasn't told anything before I had it done! I walked for 20 minutes to get there but I would definitely have driven if I'd have known! I have been told that I have a very high pain threshold as I didn't know I was in labour til I started pushing and didn't feel the need for any pain relief as it honestly wasn't that bad. Having the coil fitted was horrible, the doctor was not very good at it - she started pushing and it suddenly 'went' very violently and she cringed!

I went very lightheaded and sweaty but I've been told that's normal. After it was done I was given a sanitary towel and thought 'oh maybe there will be a bit of spotting'! Thank god my husband finished work early that day and could pick me up, as I only got about 200 yards down the road before I couldn't walk any further - I felt so sick and dizzy and I had flooded the pad and my jeans were wet :irked:

The cramps and bleeding lasted about a week or two. I have extremely heavy periods now which I find so difficult to manage (soaking through a super tampon and a pad!) and I have bad cramps for 2 or 3 days before.

In the past I have had the Depo injection and bled constantly for a year before I finally gave in and went to a private doctor who prescribed Norethisterone as nothing else had worked. I then decided to try the implant, had it in for a year and had constant bleeding for that year and another year afterwards!

The pill suited me but I did get pregnant while taking it ;) I don't have much luck with contraception!!

Latest posts

Back