Anyone interviewed/worked at Celtic Manor?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julie-Liz

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice of anyone could help please?
I have an interview at the Celtic Manor, I have wanted to work there since I started training in beauty, previous applications from me have been unsuccessful so I'm very surprised to be offered an interview this time.
I'm just wondering if any other geeks have interviewed or worked there who could tell me what to expect if you don't mind? I have interviewed unsuccessfully in many salons and another spa since leaving college so my confidence has taken a fair few knocks. I don't know if my nerves get the better of me or if I'm just not quite right. I always prepare for interviews by researching the company, reading through common interview questions etc, I just never seem to be what they are looking for. Anyway, any advice or insights would be greatly appreciated x

I haven't worked there but wanted to wish you the very best with your interview. Sell yourself you can do it!

Aww thank you Joe x

I have previously worked at the Celtic and have an interview next week there. (Im a hairdresser but never worked there as one). From seeing the therapists and knowing what they expect and want, the advice I can give you is that you must look flawless! (which is probably common sense for all beauty jobs anyway). Wear your hair in a low donut bun to give them an idea of how you will present yourself to there guests as that is the dress code. Also they either like lots of experience, or like not much as they like training people from scratch (depends what they asked for on the application). State how important professionalism is, customer satisfaction, and putting the highest amount of quality into all services they offer to represent the hotels 5* service.
Hope this helped, best of luck!!
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have previously worked at the Celtic and have an interview next week there. (Im a hairdresser but never worked there as one). From seeing the therapists and knowing what they expect and want, the advice I can give you is that you must look flawless! (which is probably common sense for all beauty jobs anyway). Wear your hair in a low donut bun to give them an idea of how you will present yourself to there guests as that is the dress code. Also they either like lots of experience, or like not much as they like training people from scratch (depends what they asked for on the application). State how important professionalism is, customer satisfaction, and putting the highest amount of quality into all services they offer to represent the hotels 5* service.
Hope this helped, best of luck!!
Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That has helped a lot thank you. I only completed my beauty therapy in June so I'm inexperienced and that's why I want to work there because it is five star, they expect the best from a therapist and I would love the challenge plus the Elemis training would be brilliant. It sounds cheesey but it would be a dream come true to work there. my husband worked the Ryder cup and the NATO there too. I was a tad jealous lol. Best of luck to u too x

I had my interview, it was a nice experience. Didn't feel nervous but struggled to get my words out which was annoying and has never happened before! I didn't do a consultation before the trade test, just stared blankly at the sheet n then began the massage so I feel like an idiot. Was just eager to do it. I don't know if I will ever hear off them again but you never know.

Count is as positive experience whatever the out come :)

did you hear back from them?, what questions was you asked? i have an interview with them tomorrow as a Resort Porter and i am nervous as hell lol, i know a few questions they ask, but i have not had a single interview in about 6 years ;(, now suddenly an interview at a 5 star hotel lol. last interview i had at weatherspoons was a disaster, the interviewer cut the interview short, told me "we may as well end the interview here and now as you are not going to get the job as you dont have what it takes". during the interview i just could not get the words out properly and when i did the wrong words came out lol. think this knocked my confidence a hell of allot. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think tbh they just want sensible extremely hardworking individuals with a good appearance & attitude, it is the most exclusive hotel in the area and they want their staff to act like it and the guests to feel like it.

this is the 8th day now, i was told i would hear back with in 7 days lol. i dont think i got the job though. for anyone else, they ask 15 questions in total and these questions are the same for EVERY candidate (so i was told).

for anyone wondering here are a few questions i was asked.
when i was walking to the table i was asked if i live local (i do, just around the corner).
(not in order)
*what is a 5* service (they questioned me on some answers i gave, like smart appearance, what do you mean by this)
*where do you see yourself in 3-5 years time
*tell me a about yourself (this was question 1)
*what floors would you have in this role (weaknesses)
*do you know what your job duties include
* what would your past employers (all employers, not just last 1)
*what would your friends say about you
*What Are Your Career Goals
*have you ever had to deal with a difficult situation
(i cant remember the rest, but it was as if we was repeating some question, but in different wordings).
then at the end they explained more about the role and day to day task and benefits of working there etc.
and the usual "do you have any questions" (i had 2 questions, 1 about training prospects and i cant remember the other 1), i also said i would be happy to do a trail day/period to prove to you that i can do the job.

Latest posts

Back