Anyone willing to give me a chance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryanhiggs

Reaction score
Hey all, well after years of doing jobs i hated i decided to go back to college and re-train as a hairdresser, after 2 years i qualified to NVQ level 2, well that was nearly a year ago now and i've found it impossible to find a salon that is willing to employ a 29 year old junior stylist. I'm stuck now as im qualified but i'm not really a stylist, all i need is a bit of guidence, i'm so desperate to learn and be able to do what i love. Anyone know or work in west yorkshire that would be able to help!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Have you thought off self emplyment or maybe attaining your level 3 this may help you as with a level 3 you may not be seen as a junior stylist as this is an advanced qualification. Good luck It must be so frustrating

Do you have any salon experiance at all Ryan

hi, yes i have some experiance, i was a junior in a good salon and started to do my level 3 with them but it was a rent a chair salon and the other stylists just didn't have time to teach me as they were so busy, so i ended up leaving, the college which a went to wasn't very good, we were just left to practice hair up on blocks at level 3 and i hated it. now i stuck. Just need someone to take me under there wing for a while.:lol:

Hi ryan, where a bouts in west Yorkshire do you live?

Good Luck Ryan, something will turn up soon.

hey varley1 i live in keighley, i'm willing to travel to Bradford/Leeds/Skipton area!! do u know of any salons? :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Back