Applying forms to short bitten nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AABxo

Reaction score
Hello All !

So i'm training in Gel sculpting enhancements in a few weeks.. I have received my NSI Secrets UV/LED Kit. Im playing about with the forms on family and friends and seem to be having no problems to secure the form onto the nail. Except i'm struggling with very short bitten nails with no free edge to secure the form to. I've youtubed and researched constantly and noticed that Acrylic seems to have a way to get around it by applying a bead to extend the free edge.. Does anyone have a technique with the gel or a form to secure it into place ?
Im sure my trainer will have a way around it but am open to trying anything and practising anything before i start my course !

Aimee x

I know we all get giddy before going on courses but I would stop and wait til you go on it. You might be picking up bad habits etc that you will only need to unlearn! Don't do all the work prior to going! If you could pick it all up on YouTube we will all save ourselves some money but your paying to be shown properly. Hope it doesn't seem harsh Xxx

I know we all get giddy before going on courses but I would stop and wait til you go on it. You might be picking up bad habits etc that you will only need to unlearn! Don't do all the work prior to going! If you could pick it all up on YouTube we will all save ourselves some money but your paying to be shown properly. Hope it doesn't seem harsh Xxx

Oh no i understand completely ! :) Im just being impatient haha. Thanks for the advice xx

We've all done it! When I trained with nail harmony for my acrylic they don't actually give you your kit till you have done your theory lesson at begging of course. Just cos they know you will start giving it a go! I've trained with nsi for swarovski toes, they are really good. Is it Manchester where you are going?

We've all done it! When I trained with nail harmony for my acrylic they don't actually give you your kit till you have done your theory lesson at begging of course. Just cos they know you will start giving it a go! I've trained with nsi for swarovski toes, they are really good. Is it Manchester where you are going?

Im training with a local lady who teaches courses in the area :) Manchester is too far for me to travel as i don't drive. Looking at wanting to train with NSI properly in the future as I've heard so much about them ! xx

If you do go to Manchester save some money for the "gift shop" after as I call it. Once you have done the training you can go buy all your goodies in the onsite trade shop xxx

If you do go to Manchester save some money for the "gift shop" after as I call it. Once you have done the training you can go buy all your goodies in the onsite trade shop xxx

Ooo thank you ! :) Much appreciated xx

Latest posts

Back