Applying Trendy Wraps to your own nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've minxed my toes twice now with no problems. I took 1st set off and used them as a template for 2nd set. Worked perfect. I minxed my fingers for the first time ysterday and it took me a while but must say their looking good apart from a few tiny creases on my bad hand :) Not tried TNW but might do just to compare. I'm assuming I can use my minx lamp for these?

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

Hiya,

You can use the lamp no problem but you will really notice the difference between the two (Minx / TNW)They may be cheaper and you will see why lol :) the tip ones are good if you apply them to your prepared nail and tip and then apply acrylic or gel over the top, they are brilliant for that and it saves time instead of nail art ! x

i dont apply top coat but you can, i have them last about 2 weeks fingers and 8 toes, and i dont do anything to the free edge, i think it all does depend on the the nail types and general wear.

I always apply a really thin layer of nail glue (the one with a brush applicator) on the free eage after the whole application of course, i think it seals them better to avoid lifting and water damage, but thats just me ! :)

HI guys just wondering how long minx stay on fingernails for? been told from 3 days - 2 weeks depending on clients lifestyle, i know theycan last on toes for weeks i have had mine on 4 week now and i did them myself with no sealed edge or topcoat of any sort and they are perfect just regrowth at cuticle which i might just add a few gems instead of replacing but then again i might just get bore of this design and put a new ne on lol
also do many of your clients have them on fingers or is it ainly toes?

I find that its mainly toes but i love it when i get clients who ask for their fingers done because i think you get the fuller affect because there is a bigger nail bed, i would say they last 2 weeks looking ace and then they start to go a bit tatty after another week or so but as a quick touch up you could re-file your free edge and they should look just as good again apart from the regrowth but the gems for the regrowth what a fantastic idea !!!

i always say to avoid drastic things like decorating gardening and things like that but i suppose you could ware gloves,

Latest posts

Back