Apprentice/assistant advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reide

Still in Training
Reaction score
Hey all. I am at the end of my apprenticeship. I was just hoping for some advice on how to transition from assistant to stylist smoothly.

Hey Reide,

Congratulations on completing your apprenticeship! To smoothly transition from assistant to stylist, showcase your skills confidently, seek mentorship from experienced stylists, and actively engage with clients to build relationships. Stay updated on the latest trends, attend workshops, and demonstrate your creativity. Communicate effectively with team members, and be open to constructive feedback. Take initiative, manage your time efficiently, and maintain a positive attitude. Building a strong personal brand and networking within the industry will also contribute to a successful transition. Keep learning, stay passionate, and embrace the challenges ahead as you step into the role of a stylist. Best of luck!

Sharpen your styling skills:

Education: Take online courses, attend workshops, or even consider enrolling in a styling program to refine your eye and learn new techniques.
Networking: Connect with established stylists, shadow them if possible, and ask for mentorship. Attend industry events and build relationships within the fashion community.
Personal development: Stay up-to-date on fashion trends, experiment with different styles, and build your sense of fashion as a stylist.

Latest posts

Back