Apprentices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stylist1

Reaction score
Hi all

I currently have 2/3 self employed stylists working for me and 1 saturday girl.

I would like to take my saturday girl on as an apprentice in sept but wondered if i should ask any of the stylists to contribute to her wages?

Has/is anyone else been in this position?

Thanks.

Hi, I don't have an answer for you I would also like to know this. X

Do the self-employed stylists have the use of your Saturday girl, if so do they contribute to her salary at the moment?

I'm not sure how this would work with HMRC to be honest but other geeks maybe able to help!

Hi,
I personally think they should pay towards, after all they will be benefiting, as she/he will be answering phone, tidying the salon etc. And an apprentice wage isn't very much so between you all it's worth having an apprentice as they would be able to fit more customers in, sell it to them, write down all the benefits they will get, for not a big pay out, hopefully they will see sense, with the hmrc, the apprentice won't pay tax so no problem there, but maybe speak to an accountant before hand, prob. One of you would have to take responsibility for the paperwork but you would have to do that anyway,
Sorry for rabbiting on a bit, my friend was self employed and she got an apprentice, the others didn't pay, she was always moaning about them getting it for nothing
X

Latest posts

Back