Apprentices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stylist1

Reaction score
Hi

I would like to take on an apprentice soon but wondered if i should ask for a contribution from my staff as they are all self employed?

I know it is my choice but i feel that if they are using her aswell to shampoo their clients etc they could help towards her wages?

Does anyone else have this issue?

Thank you!:lol:

Yes, if they are gonna use her, divide her pay by the number of employees who require her use, and that is what their rent rise should be. Remember to factor in holiday pay and any employers NI.

Thanks, so what if they complain?

How often do you increase the rent?

If they wish to do all their own work they can opt out. But they do all their own work and clearing up. My chair renter declines to pay towards a junior, so she has rough hands and has to shampoo whilst my junior shampoos for me and i'm out having a fag.

Rent should rise by inflation evry year. Currently 5%

Haha great point! Thanks for that.:p

Good Evening,

I know that you are not advertising on this website, but i have just been browsing the site with my mum and have noticed your post. I am really interested in becoming a Hairdressing Apprentice, and was just wondering if you have already filled the vacancy? I have an understanding of how a salon works, as i have had experience in a salon when living at home in Kent. Now that i live in Southampton, i am looking for an Apprenticeship. I was wondering if i could have the name of the salon, so i could arrange an interview if the place hasn't been filled already.

Many Thanks

Emily Hyde

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back