Apprenticeship OR College Or Uni - HELP!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally___pally

Reaction score
Hiya, basically i am a little bit stuck.
here goes:

I am 19 years
on vrq level 2 hairdressing at college.
i have to pay a lot of money for the course
I dont know what to do next year
My tutor said to me that she can see me working in media
i cant personally afford to go to college next year and get the NVQ

so i just don't know what to do !!

my options are :
-borrow even more money from the bank of mum to go to college
-Look for an apprenticeship
-apply for a degree course in media hair and make up

i am only able to work 8 hours a week due to being at college and quite frankly i'm sick of it

arrgffhh need help
xxxxx

Get a job.

Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic but it sounds like you need more time to work out what floats your boat. Don't sign up to further study unless it's something you REALLY want to do, as you are not likely to get much out of it, otherwise.

The students who achieve the best results are always the one's who have the greatest motivation.

Nineteen is still very young. You'll see plenty of threads on here from older geeks who have gone into the beauty business at a later stage in life and been highly successful.

In the meantime, use your earnings to get some more life experiences such as overseas travel, volunteering etc. The more experiences you have and people you meet in the next few years will help to shape your ideas and reveal your destiny.

Best of luck and stay positive.

Im 19 too and also on level 2 vrq. Im going to uni next year to do photography :) hairdressing is awesome but I dont want to limit myself to just one line of work just yet. I do intend to get insured and do a bit of mobile on the side of uni for the students, reckoning i can probably make a fair bit of money that way.
Have a think about where you want to end up in life. Im hoping to see where I can end up in photography i.e having my own business or if i want to go back to haidressing eventually working for myself.

Latest posts

Back