Approaching elderly peoples homes for mobile manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tashastalons

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was just wondering if anyone has ever done this before and if it has been successful.

I am quite quiet at the moment, as I rent a chair in a quite quiet hairdressers that dosent have much passing trade.

I was wondering if I could approuch some of the (expensive) elderly people homes round the area to see if they would like a manicurist to come in one day a week to do manicures on anyone who wanted one.

Wanted to know whether I could just go ahead and do this or would I be required to be checked, I know silly question not as if its working with children but just wondered.

Be lovely to hear your replies.xxx

Hi hun i used to be a carer alongside my beauty study and when i qualified the home took me on to do massage, nail paints etc etc I was paid thru the home its self as opposed to the clients and they did all my insurance and that as well.....I also had a check i think its CRB as i was a carer anyway x
Its very rewarding and good fun and i loved it did it for over 2 yrs all in all xxxx

Good luck xx

I have been thinking about doing this also.
I do know a CRB check would be more than likely needed as its not just for children. A CRB check is for vunerable persons, so thats children and adults who are at risk such as disabled and elderly.
If you approach the homes and sugest that if they ran it you would be happy to pay for it maybe that would work, or you could do it yourself.
it only costs about £30 i think, it may have gone up.
Its probably better if you do it yourself though as most places need one for each place you work E.g. if you work in 2 different schools you will need one for each school. silly i know.
good luck xxx

Last edited:
I work in an assisted living residence as the manicurist. I go in every two weeks and the ladies love getting their mani's. Also, some of the gents love having their nails cut, filed (they can see too well) and a hand massage.

I think you have a great idea! HTH! :)

Thanks guys!

All your messeges have been great help!
Im definatly going to see about getting a CRB check thanks angel.
Yeh I know I have a few elderly ladies that love feeling smart and really cheers them up! I will be giving some a call as soon as I have done my check.
:hug:xxx

It's well worth trying at least...what is there to loose...

Except when I went down to the local old peoples home to see if I could spray them brown...they tried to book me in....even offered me a blinking discount cos I looked so old and they didnt expect to be looking after me for long :eek::lol::lol:

i am also really interested in doing this, I have done a little work in residential homes and it went down really well. Especially the OAP discount!!!:green:

It a good idea, but I think you definatly need to be in the right place at the right time. I wrote to lots (about 15) of sheltered/residential homes and managed to go to two a couple of times, but just couldn't drum up the interest (this was with clients paying treatments themselves). I also tried giving a gift voucher for their Christmas raffles and doing demontrations, but didn't get much enthusiasm.
I work in a residential home (as a support worker) for people who have mental health problems. My boss pays me to do therapeutic treatments on the clients who want it. This seems to work better, but there probably isn't that many proprietors who are willing to pay for their residents to have the treatments!

Give it a go though you might get lucky.x

You would need the care home to do the CRB check on your behalf. Individuals are not able to request them for themselves. If the care home take you on though, and require the check, then they should have no problem organising one for you. (I'm guessing they would have done this for their other staff).

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back