appt for eggshell nails in half hour!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAIL FRENZY

Reaction score
Hi,

I hope someone can help, I have a client on her way that would like her nails done for valentines, she has been really poorly so I would like to do something really nice for her. Problem is she has eggshell nails, I have seen a previous thread about using backscratchers but I do not have this. Has anybody else got any ideas, I have only just taken the call from her boyfriend who wants to suprise her!!

I would just trim the free edge back as much as possible to get rid of the "dip" and then sculpt. Or if it's easier, just put a tip on. How bad are they? Would that work?

Carmen

Thanks so much for the quick reply, I have'nt seen them for quite a while now so not sure, I could try and sculpt but not sure if I would get much of a C curve. What do you think would give the best appearance, I know she would be really glad if they only last for a few days, she just wants them nice for Valentines. I'm only charging him a really minimal fee because he wants to pay for a pressie for her, but I really want them to look nice.

I think I would probably use a tip to ensure that the c-curve looks nice. I think if you sculpted, it may look a little flat and may start dipping once the nail grows out. I'm sure she'll be totally happy!

Carmen

Excellent, thanks so much for your help, I have never worked on egg shell nails before and she is always saying that she would like me to do them for her. I guess theres a first time for everything!!:Scared:

No problem. They'll look great! I'm sure she'll think they're such an improvement from her natural nails. I had one client with extremely crooked index finger nails and put a tip on them. I swear, it totally straightened them out becuase now they always look great. So, you never know. Enhancements may really work for her and you may have a new client!

Carmen

How did her nails turn out Sue?

What exactly is 'eggshell' nails?

sorry for my ignorance, but never heard of that before:o

No problem. They're very thin and have a really dramatic curve over the free edge.

Carmen

Carmen said:

Sorry, I meant to let you know last night, she called me and rearranged for 5.30pm tonight, will let you know as soon as she has left. Many Thanks again for your help.

Carmen said:

It went really well Carmen, I did'nt feel 100 percent happy with them but she absolutely loved them. Her nails were actually, extremely concave, with a lot of curling over at the free edge, she said this was due to Cystic Fibrosis causing lung damage. I had to really think when I was filing over to finish them as they still looked a little bulky but this was just due to the shape of her natural nail. I shortened the free edge as much as poss, as you suggested. I applied natural tips (which went on quite well actually), then I used Youngs XXX white and their frosted pink as the nail beds were very pale. I then painted little hearts on to the nail bed just before the smile line, then did trails coming off them then finished them off with Youngs Finish which left them ultra shiney. I wish I could post a picture but I've got an ancient camera and I have got to put the film in. It took me 2 hours from start to finish, so it was'nt too bad.

They sound lovely!! I'm sure she'll be totally pleased with them as it's such an improvement from her natural nails. She'll want to have them forever!

Latest posts

Back