Are HD brows really worth it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JemimaFox

Reaction score
I know they have created a lot of hype and are a well known brand now. But are they still popular?
We do waxing, threading and tinting so are HDs really that different?
Are clients paying the premium?

Hi I'm trained in highly defined brows it's very similar to hd just cheaper and I haven't been very busy with it round my area I find that people would rather go and pay £5 for just wax or threaded I charge £20 for full works now I have started doing my treatments separately think it all depends what the area is like where you are :)

hey, the beautician in our salon is always busy every day with hd brows, noone gets just a wax any more. those that can't afford it or simply dont have enough eyebrows in first place will opt for a wax and tint. x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

i was put of because the training is very expensive almost a grand and to be honest im fully trained in brows i can wax tint pluck trim and thread i make sure all my clients leave with perfectly defined eyebrows, so to me personally i didn't think it was worth it as i would just be buying into the brand but im sure alot of people on here will disagree with me

i was put of because the training is very expensive almost a grand and to be honest im fully trained in brows i can wax tint pluck trim and thread i make sure all my clients leave with perfectly defined eyebrows, so to me personally i didn't think it was worth it as i would just be buying into the brand but im sure alot of people on here will disagree with me

im the same, i offer 'high definition brows' and the outcome looks the same as what someone offering HD would do... i think if you know eyebrow shapes and what works best for certain face shapes and use good products it shouldnt matter. Some people do prefer to go for the actual HD brand which is understandable, i dont force anyone not to because I get my brows HD'd now and again too...

I do know people who make a fortune from HD brows but so many people do it these days so for me personally I couldnt fork out that much money to do the course and not make much off it due to the amount of salons doing it in my area

If there aren't many salons in your area that do branded HD Brows (check the salon finder on the HD Brows website), and you can promote yourself well, then you can do VERY well from it. I have about 4 or 5 people local to me that do HD Brows, we all charge £25-30 and I made the money for the course and extra kit products back in about a month and a half... I now do around 20 HD Brows treatments a week and I only trained in August. The training is completely different to anything you've ever been trained in before... I was already qualified in waxing and tinting, even down to the way you hold the wax stick is different! Definitely go for it! x

It depends on the area. In the more affluent areas they will pay for HD Brows. The the not so affluent areas they may not. It also depends on the therapist, being trained in HD Brows doesnt automatically mean theyll look better than just a wax and tint. If done properly they are far better than just a wax and tint. We are very busy with them. Make sure you know your market segment and customers before shelling out for the training.

Latest posts

Back