Are your hands insured?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Creative Keren

Creative Nail Studio
Reaction score
Hi,

My insurance is due for renewal and they've made a point of informing me about insuring my hands. It's only an extra few £ a year and covers me up to £10,000 for damage/loss of phalanges/hand/wrist.

Does anyone have their hands insured? I think it's a good idea as at the end of the day, they are my most important tool but I'd feel silly knowing my hands are insured ha ha.

This is something I have thought about recently. Last year I got an infection in my thumb which made it treble in size and was sooooo painful. I couldn't work for almost a week. It hurt so much I couldn't even hold a file, the pressure from just doing that was excruciating ... let alone file with it!

It made me think then (I'm still thinking lol) but I think I might enquire on renewal. If I can't work, I'm stuffed.

Last year I was messing around on the monkey bars with my kids (yes I know im a big kid) lol and hurt my wrist... a lump developed and found out I had a ganglion. ... I had wrist surgery to remove it about 6 weeks ago and I can now only move my wrist and carry on training with my course. I still haven't got full movement and still get alot of pain. I will definitely get insurance for my hands if covers the wrist also. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Mine aren't insured but my renewal is due in August so I might enquire. If it's the same as yours and only a few more £ a year then I'll probably insure them, what's a few pound over a year?xx

Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to insure them as they are a sound investment (ha ha) but just feel like a diva having my hands insured

Latest posts

Back