Aromatherapy Diploma ITEC or VCTC?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juffycake

Reaction score
I'm interested in doing a diploma in Aromatherapy and I'm contemplating whether I'll do the itec diploma or the vctc?

What do you recommend?

I did my aromatherapy in ITEC but most of my other qualifications are VTCT. My ITEC course had lots of essays, plus 2 exams at the end, 1 written, 1 practical. All the VTCTs I did included a written project, a written paper and ongoing assessments. I think with aromatherapy ITEC gave us a list of 40 essential oils which they recommended we use most of them. The VTCT list of EOs at the time was shorter.

I fell pregnant halfway during the course so chose to use half the EOs during my massage and some of the risky ones as home blends for my case studies. I used over 30 eos out of the list of 40 but ITEC initially refused to grant my qualification at the end, even though I'd passed my exams, on the grounds that I was pregnant, therefore could not experience all the EOs and I should not have continued with the course. I held my ground and argued back and fortunately they gave it to me. Also, my practical exam had to be taken after I gave birth, the examiner took a dislike to me and gave me a low mark (about 70%) even though she'd declared my massage and choice of oils to be very good. I had far better experiences with VTCT courses.

What do you want to do when you're finished?

I think either would stand you in good stead for insurance and for employment so I would say it's up to you. They're both well respected qualifications.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back