Art cost dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzlingnails

Reaction score
Hey all. So I have decided to start charging for art due to taking classes and product charges and becoming more experienced. I am wondering how much should I charge per nail and how much if someone wants all the fingers done. I know some designs are easier then others but how do you judge.

Thanks

Cost for art should be made on how long time you take to do the art. Some design you can do set price for one nail or you can do for example $ for simple design set $$ for medium design set and $$$ for detailed design set.
Price has to also be decide on what your product cost and time you lose doing this so make sure your cost is covered for labor and material.
I thought about this many time because my salon I would work in few years ago we do art but I feel they not charge well for it because some design take much time as full set and they only take half money as a set.
The bigger problem was the client who pick to want very fancy art on full set but then surprise when they hear it cost more extra but not all client some agree it take long time to do fancy nail design and will cost more for and I am so happy when I get this client.:)

Last edited:
Yss thank you. There isn't really a easy answer of exact cost. I'll have to time myself and pay attention to how detailed the designs are. Wish there was a picture of art and beside the prices. Be so much easier to get a image on what is worth what

Yes I think this is good idea. Time how long some design take and show example to client because showing them design and say this cost $$ is easy to understand instead of say this will take 20 minute. The salon I work now has tips on display with design and we charge custom art base on these design if they are similar design or similar hardness to do and this help client understand that price and time it take and how hard to do is all together related.

Latest posts

Back