Artistic Colour Gloss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1434cundell

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to the site but wanted to see if anyone uses Artistic Colour Gloss? Generally this product is amazing and I love it, but received one of the new colours "priviledge" which is from new winter range. My last two clients have both had the same problem. It basically peels leaving the very bottom layer intact.

I suspect its not curing correctly and have re done a client today (it was only three nails) and you have to apply so thinly its a bit of a nightmare. It took three coats, of extremely thinly applied colour to allow it to cure fully...when I say thin I mean really thin.

I will spaek to Louella Belle on Monday but just wondered what the feedback was?

Many Thanks :D

Hi All,

I am new to the site but wanted to see if anyone uses Artistic Colour Gloss? Generally this product is amazing and I love it, but received one of the new colours "priviledge" which is from new winter range. My last two clients have both had the same problem. It basically peels leaving the very bottom layer intact.

I suspect its not curing correctly and have re done a client today (it was only three nails) and you have to apply so thinly its a bit of a nightmare. It took three coats, of extremely thinly applied colour to allow it to cure fully...when I say thin I mean really thin.

I will spaek to Louella Belle on Monday but just wondered what the feedback was?

Many Thanks :D

I use ACG and I have priviledge but haven't had any problems with it curing. Yes, there are times that I have seen a little colour on my top coat brush but there have been no peeling problems on the times I've used it, in fact I've just gone to do a removal and new set on a lady today and she'd had hers on for 4 weeks and it was still perfect.

Not sure what to suggest to you, but I would ring Louella Belle to see what they say.

Hello and welcome :hug:

You may be interested to know that we have an Artistic Colour Gloss social group on the site, which you may wish to join at some point:

Salon Geek - Artistic Colour Gloss

Thanks for the replies.

lisag1ll - Your reply makes me think I am doing something wrong in my application but dont usually have any issues. I found controlling slightly similar and so apply that quite thinly too, but priviledge is a real issue. The last two clients that have had it, both have peeled in a short period of time (hours). Will see what Louella Belle say Monday.

Noodle - Many Thanks I will find it and have a look. :)

OK, what steps do you go through to apply and we'll see if it's that?

:biggrin:

I've not had a problem with Privileged again clients have worn it for 2-3 weeks no problem. It's a very popular colour too :)

I know...I absolutely love it. So disappointed today, been worrying about it all day :-(

lisag1ll - I file, deal with cuticles, buff over nail plate, clean with surface cleaner, PH prep, then base coat, cured for 10 secs, then dry brush, then layer of colour, capping over the free edge. Cure for 30 secs, then another layer for 30 secs, then glossing gel for 30 secs and cleanse over again with surface cleaner and a cuticle oil to finish. Dont usually have any issues....majority of clients have their gels on for 3 weeks sometimes a little longer.

I have noticed though that when it has happened its been down the side of the nail so its as though the light hasnt quite reached around the full bend of the nail and cured evenly.

It has crossed my mind that its the lamp....

I am doing a training course on monday for nail art so will speak to my trainer and see what she says. I think I might take the priviledge with me and perhaps let her have a go as she works for ACG.

I know...I absolutely love it. So disappointed today, been worrying about it all day :-(

lisag1ll - I file, deal with cuticles, buff over nail plate, clean with surface cleaner, PH prep, then base coat, cured for 10 secs, then dry brush, then layer of colour, capping over the free edge. Cure for 30 secs, then another layer for 30 secs, then glossing gel for 30 secs and cleanse over again with surface cleaner and a cuticle oil to finish. Dont usually have any issues....majority of clients have their gels on for 3 weeks sometimes a little longer.

I have noticed though that when it has happened its been down the side of the nail so its as though the light hasnt quite reached around the full bend of the nail and cured evenly.

It has crossed my mind that its the lamp....

I am doing a training course on monday for nail art so will speak to my trainer and see what she says. I think I might take the priviledge with me and perhaps let her have a go as she works for ACG.

I take it you have a LED lamp, just looking at your steps, they're all good.

I use a CND Shellac lamp and have never had any issues but never used an LED lamp before so can't really advise you.

Yes LED Artistic Lamp. Thanks for the feedback. Its just weird that its some colours. I have controlling on my own nails and is another colour I have issues with. As long as its applied really thinly its fine....priviledge is different as it has to go on ultra thinly.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond X

It could be a problem with your lamp, my first lamp developed a fault after 6 months a week before Christmas LB were great replaced it straight away. I first noticed dark colours weren't curing properly.

Personally I've had no issues with any of the winter collection but I always do super thin coats and will do 3 coats to get the deepest colour possible. Normally if some of the nail hasn't cured the client has put her hand to far in.

Latest posts

Back