Asking for payment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get why it's awkward? Surly they know you want paying lol..I never feel bad taking a bill at reception..unless Its £120 one then I leave them with our apprentice (joke)

In the salon it's easy as you take them to the reception area to pay. You can't do that When your mobile x

i pack up all my stuff and then get my money tin out noisily and if they haven't offered by then i say 'right, that will be £X, i've got change if you need it'. I used to hate asking, i'm not sure why, seems a bit silly but after a while it just became the norm :)

In the salon it's easy as you take them to the reception area to pay. You can't do that When your mobile x

I'm not saying its not awkward just that its one of those things that shouldn't be. Maybe I didn't word that right xx

I know it's something that shouldn't be a problem but I just find it awkward lol x

I know it's something that shouldn't be a problem but I just find it awkward lol x

I think it's a British thing lol. We are bought up being taught not to talk about money and to me polite lol

My client came
Back and I said 70 please then she said I will go by the shop next to my house to get the money.. She should have bring money I think she thought it was free those clients lol

I usually wait until I'm near their front door then say 'oh I nearly forgot to charge you' they all expect to pay but I do admit I find it hard to ask for the money. But that's how I get round it. You will find that all of your clients will laugh at you when you say you nearly forgot to charge, that it takes the emphasis off the fact you want their money.

This client thought I was doing her hair for free or maybe she thought it was all included lol yesterday we done a Brazilian keratin on her for 110 ok then I said tomorrow which was today u should straight the hair again so it will work even better she said oh I come to u and u can do it

I said ok of course she would have to pay. Anyway she came and then I did the straightness and she said I want to wash it as well and cut I said ok. We just done the straighteners come back after 2/3 hours and we wash and. Do the cut and finish she said ok then she was like leaving. I said that is 70 please for the straighteners early and now she opened her eyes like if I should do for free!!!!!!

And she didn't even bring money so she really thought it was free lol but we went shop next door and she got money from there ha she was like if they charge 1/2 pounds to get te money out I will pay u later lol thank god they didn't!!!

I know where your coming from, happens to me to but I just say " I've plenty of change if you haven't the right amount" :) xx

I never bother about asking for it but I've been in the position where I've done the hair then before I've even got to asking they've said things like "oh by the way ill have to drop money round later hubby took my money" or "oh I forgot to get money out can I pay later" wtf do you say to that?! It drives me crazy!! X

I never bother about asking for it but I've been in the position where I've done the hair then before I've even got to asking they've said things like "oh by the way ill have to drop money round later hubby took my money" or "oh I forgot to get money out can I pay later" wtf do you say to that?! It drives me crazy!! X

Some clients say they will transfer money online if its a client I know it's ok but most take ages to do so loool

When I was mobile I had a lady try this, but during the conversation whilst doing her hair she had mentioned Internet banking, so I replied 'yer sure, oh actually, do it online while I'm here, I can give you my bank details I know them off the top of my head' lol

That is annoying! I just make sure I let them know I'm going to the bank first thing tomorrow so will need it tonight I'll be in at so and so time!
Much prefer bank transfer! Saves a trip to the bank too! :)) x

Tell them your last client is at x time or you will be passing at whatever time to go to a client so wi pop in then or in the morning.
Why don't they keep their own money instead of having one bit to share between them. Xoxo

Latest posts

Back