At end of my tether with salon owner:(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpie

Reaction score
I rent a room in a hairdressers - have done for 5 months - the rent is very cheep and thats the only way I have stayed - Im finding the salon owner who runs the hairdressing side an absolute nightmare to work with and im thinking of throwing in the towel - im good at what i do and most of my clients are not his - he runs a really dirty salon which i only noticed one id rented the room :( his clients would have a fit if they knew - ive listed problems ive had
-refuses to give me keys to open up the shop (its not even alarmed)
- isnt happy about me doing late nite appointments
- wont let me put a lock on my salon door because he trusts all his customers and no one will pinch anything
- uses my heaters to heat his salon because he hasnt put heating in
- pinched savalon and bin bags from my room and them in his drawer
- uses my room when im not there as a dumping ground for his rubbish
- character assasinates one of his client who is also mine to other clients
-told his whole salon laughingly he had booked a guy in for me for a male brazilian
-he takes appointments for folk that dont show up and doesnt take mobile and he cant mind who they are
-none of my customers like calling him as he gives them the creeps - there words - i tell them to call my mobile

the worst part is 50% of people we tell about our business (and we tell every!) say there is no way they are coming to us because they know about him and said he has either hit on them in the past or was really cheeky!!!!

I do pay cheap rent but because of other work commitments i can only work 2 days a week - woud do nights but wont give me keys :(

Im finding it hard getting premises that will rent to me just for 2 days per week (I pay for the salon all the time but he wont let me in at night or a sunday) - im so down about this he is just a bully he talks to me like trash in front of clients they look shocked but because i dont want a show down in front of them I ignore him :(

Im thinking about getting a cabin and putting it in my back garden - clients have said they will come to me and 80% dont go to that hairdresser either!

I am really at the end of my teher with this - im a single parent working 7 days a week - i work so so hard for this business and also do chairty work too which i think is just benefit this horrible guys salon :(

Sorry Im fed up!!!

Please note im on these forums as another name but dont want anyone knowing about this in my area due to the circumstances - I know from another business he wasnt happy with -he said he would ruin them and they are lovely people!!!

This really should be a blog as it is not actually asking a question for discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back