Aveda colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dollface2305-x-

Reaction score
Any Aveda geeks I have a question about the new deep spectrum?

I went on this course recently and have used this colour for years. Fire away! ;) x

Ah brilliant so glad someone else uses it, I've had a client come in with natural base 3, she wants to be at least a level 8/9 I did a strand test with I think I tested it with the highest base think it was a 12 then a smidge of b/gr it only lifted to a level 6 I left it for the full development time, do you know if it would lift more if I did the 12 b/gr and then repeated it again with the same colour again, we seem to have misplaced all the info sorry if this seems like a stupid question

Thankyou in advance for your help

I would use enlightener but she's adamant she doesn't want that

I don't use aveda myself so please correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the formula for fsd desired level x 2 - natural level?

So I would guess the lightest you could take a level 3 would be a level 7 without using enlightener?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would use enlightener but she's adamant she doesn't want that

It has been years since I used Aveda but no, that wont work. Tint wont lift tint, a double application of the same colour will just mess up her hair.
as for not wanting enlightener, YOU are the pro so YOU tell her what she needs to do not the other way around

It has been years since I used Aveda but no, that wont work. Tint wont lift tint, a double application of the same colour will just mess up her hair.
as for not wanting enlightener, YOU are the pro so YOU tell her what she needs to do not the other way around

Hmm I didn't think it would but then one of the girls said it would as that is what it's meant to do but she hasn't used the deep spectrum yet so not sure if I trust her opinion or not, I haven't used it yet either but just thought she would be a brilliant person to try it on, I will ring her today get her to come in and look at the test strand so she can see how it's lifted and then I'll just have to tell her if she wants it lighter only way will be with enlightener,

On the course, they said it should lift tint like putting ELC on it would but it really doesn't lift. We tried it loads cuz we though it would be too good to be true lol!
Bleach is really the only thing that can lift through that.
Sorry!

On the course, they said it should lift tint like putting ELC on it would but it really doesn't lift. We tried it loads cuz we though it would be too good to be true lol!
Bleach is really the only thing that can lift through that.
Sorry!

Okay, thankyou for your help xx

Doll face, did you go on the course for FSD yet? How are you getting on with it?
I have to say we are loving it and it saves so much time.
Adam was correct though in that the highest level you could have expected was a cool level 7.
What did you end up doing with the client in the end?

Hey, haven't been on it yet hopefully they will send me on it soon, the colour was amazing came out so much better than I thought it would she was ecstatic at how well it came out, I used 12b/gr with 20vol it lifted to at least a level 8 was still very warm came out quite reddy but as she had natural red undertone sort of expected it, I then scattered highlights aswell with enlightener(managed to persuade her!!!) looked so good wish i had taken a photo, thankyou all for your help x

Latest posts

Back