Aveda Stress-Fix Range: Should We All Be Taking a Holistic View?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There’s no doubt that there are some perks to my job, and yesterday was just another one of them. I was invited down by the lovely people at Aveda to indulge in some stress-fixing time and to check out their new product range: Stress Fix - a body care line with an aroma proven to relieve feelings of stress.

Greeted with a green tea, I was introduced to the new products:
- Stress Fix Body Lotion (pictured)
- Stress Fix Soaking Salts
- Stree-Fix Pure-Fume Rollerball

Apart from smelling divine and feeling fab, it was clear that this product launch was as much about beautifying your soul as it was about beautifying your skin. The product was surrounded by experts in massage, meditation and stress-management and it got me thinking…in our modern, slap-dash, stress-packed world, is offering a stand-alone beauty treatment enough?

There’s no doubt that a large part of the reason why women indulge in treatments is for the opportunity to take time out and pamper themselves. But how many of them continue to check their phone while they’re having their nails done? How many of them talk about how stressed they are and how busy they are while they are? Sometimes, it’s just not that relaxing. Can we, as professionals think of more ways to help them unplug, even temporarily from the stresses and strains of our lives?

With their new range, Aveda are telling us to stop, to take time out, to turn off the phones and the iPads and the computers, and to marry beauty treatments with treatments that soothe the soul and the mind. Yes, of course they are hoping that we’ll use their products to aid this (and I would recommend it!) but is the principle correct? Should we all be taking a more holistic view to beauty? Should we embrace the knowledge of experts from meditation and stress-management and try to incorporate it in our treatments? Obviously, treatments that include massage are largely doing this already…but can we take it further?

Until then…geek on!

The Ed.

Stress Fix body care range will be available in Aveda salons, spas, stores and online from aveda - official site - shop online or find a salon from April 2012.
Stress Fix Body Massage will be available in Aveda salons and spas from April 2012.

Attachments

• DP12_10_r2.jpg
    DP12_10_r2.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,009
  • DP12_11_r1.jpg
    DP12_11_r1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 103
  • DP12_14_r3.jpg
    DP12_14_r3.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 350
A huge "yes" to this.

I know that I am weak on technical services, eg nails, but strong on what I do most of the time, ie facials and some massage.

The reason I'm good at what I do is that I totally engage in the service. I buy into what my client wants and 90% of the time strike a chord, resulting in a truly relaxing, energising and uplifting experience for my clients.

It's taken some time for me to have the confidence to submit a post like this. My clients have given back to me. They have given me such positive feedback that I now believe what they tell me.

Relaxation= inner calm = true beauty.

Absolutely.

I strongly believe that providing someone with a treatment that provides them with the opportunity to 'stop' gives them an opportunity to potentially relax and/or rejuvenate. Medically it is proven to assist in the lowering of blood pressure (amongst others) which can only be a good thing.

However, I do think that there needs to be a shift in the medical profession to also embrace a more holistic approach to diagnosis and consider alternatives to prescribed medication. We need to look at mind, body, soul and lifestyle in treating people...not just the superficial symptoms.

Latest posts

Back