Aveda | Walk For Water and Raise Money for £150,000 Earth Month Appeal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Well, as Nancy Sinatra said, 'these boots were made for walking...' and Aveda are asking us to get our boots on and Walk for Water in London on April 23rd.

April is Earth Month and Aveda are working their little socks off to raise £150,000. They got off to a great start on April 1st when everyone worked at the Aveda Institute for free! No less than 91 guests were invited and they raised a whopping £4,000.

Mette Haxthausen, the salon's manager said, "I am so proud of all the team and the feedback from our guests has been fantastic - people really admire and appreciate what we are doing and the importance of our cause. We still have a long way to go to reach our £150,000 target but we have made a good start and everyone is really looking forward to London's Walk for Water on 23rd April."

While they do have a long way to go (£146,000 to be exact), you don't have to go that far! If you're free on April 23rd and in London town then all you have to do is walk 5 miles, which is the average distance that women in developing countries walk to collect water each day and is a part of a global initiative that acknowledges the daily struggle of the nearly one billion people.

Get yourself down to Ropemakers Field for 2.30pm. The nearest tube is Limehouse and there will be some lovely people there to direct you to the starting line.

I will be getting my geeky walk on - they've sent me a water bottle and pedometer so I can hardly say no (!) - and it would be lovely to see other geeks there?

Who's with me?!

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Aveda Institute 4.jpg
    Aveda Institute 4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 496
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back