Baby Boomer/Ombré hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aqua_Gecko

Reaction score
Anyone else struggling to get a good look with hard gel Baby Boomer, French Ombré? I simply can not do it for love nor money and I just want to scream or cry!! I’ve tried everything, sponges, brushes, stippling, endless tutorials etc etc and absolutely nothing works. I have so many requests for it and I don’t want to admit defeat but I just can’t do it! Help me!!!!

have you seen the airbrush? i think that will be one of the easiest ways, or watch kirsty meakins ombre with gel shes insane and she uses an ombre brush and it looks perfect x

What is your current method?

The most common way from what I have seen (and I use this too) is to build the tip with a milky white (you can mix white builder and clear builder if your brand doesn't have one). And put this milky white about half way up the nail (or as far as you like it, as some people like just a soft ombre). Cure this, then build the apex and nail with a cover pink, but not the tip, since this has been built already. Many people also use the cover pink to just cover the white demarkation area until they are satisfied with the blend, and then build over in clear. And then file and shape.

Latest posts

Back