Back to work advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare Thewlis

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this page however I'm seeking advice, experience, help I'm currently looking into getting back into work after having a child, I am a qualified nail technician which I completed about 7years ago now I've done this off & on over the years to friends & family but never worked within a salon. I'm currently attending a cnd conversion course as I wasn't trained with this product but I also feel I need a refresher as I have not done this continuously, I know exactly what I'm doing but I just don't seem to have any confidence in myself. I'm unsure if to apply for jobs to work for an employer or to try the self employed route, I seem to get all nervous when I'm reading job descriptions & im not sure why lol. However I'm just seeking advice, experience from anyone that can pass it on from your own experiences. I don't want this to fail as this is my passion and I'm determined to do my dream job.
Thanks again

Hi Clare,

I've moved this thread to the Business forum as you might get more views and feedback that way.

I think whenever you look at going back to work after a long break, it's natural to feel a bit anxious because your comfort zone has been based at home. It really is one of those times when you have to push yourself and jump in feet first and just go for it. Don't let your fear of failure hold you back.

Well done for signing up for your CND course. You couldn't have chosen a better training company.
Best of luck!

Hi Clare,

I've moved this thread to the Business forum as you might get more views and feedback that way.

I think whenever you look at going back to work after a long break, it's natural to feel a bit anxious because your comfort zone has been based at home. It really is one of those times when you have to push yourself and jump in feet first and just go for it. Don't let your fear of failure hold you back.

Well done for signing up for your CND course. You couldn't have chosen a better training company.
Best of luck!

Hi thank you for that and thank you for your advice I think it's just what I needed to hear as scary as it is I need to just jump in & go for it unless I try I will never know but thank you tho

Latest posts

Back