Backfilling causing Lifting?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaz435

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site and indeed to the Acrylic Nail World! I have done quite a lot of pink and white sets of acrylic nails but very few backfills as most of my clients have wanted them as a "one off" rather than a permanent fixture. However, I recently backfilled a set of sculptured acrylic pink and whites that had been on for almost 3 weeks and were still intact with barely any lifting. I backfilled using a manual nail file (as I was not taught to use an e-file) by thinning down the entire nail and literally placing a new one over the top. After just 3 days one nail has come off and the others are lifting. I am wondering if this is due to excess filing but not sure how to get round it. Help please?!

Kaz435 said:
Hi, I am new to this site and indeed to the Acrylic Nail World! I have done quite a lot of pink and white sets of acrylic nails but very few backfills as most of my clients have wanted them as a "one off" rather than a permanent fixture. However, I recently backfilled a set of sculptured acrylic pink and whites that had been on for almost 3 weeks and were still intact with barely any lifting. I backfilled using a manual nail file (as I was not taught to use an e-file) by thinning down the entire nail and literally placing a new one over the top. After just 3 days one nail has come off and the others are lifting. I am wondering if this is due to excess filing but not sure how to get round it. Help please?!

Hi there Kaz,

I'm pretty sure this isn't down to your filing, afterall to rebalance a nail you do have to take the product down quite thin, perhaps there were signs of lifting during the appointment that you didn't notice? it is easily done sometimes when first doing rebalances, do you use Scrubfresh? once you have filed the product down , wipe over with scrubfresh and this will 'point out' any lifted product, there is always the chance they were going to lift at this point whether you rebalanced them or not. Did you do the original set of scuplts or where they someone elses work? J xx (P.s. I also live in Horwich!)

Latest posts

Back