Backfills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simona

Reaction score
Guys is it normal to have to give a customer who wears pink and white a backfill every 2 weeks. Am i doing something wrong, cause i hate when you can see the space beetween the acrylic and the natural nail.

Hi

Do you use gel or L+P??
It not unusual at all once they have been wearing them a while the nail growth will settle down and you shouldnt need to back fill as often. You should recomend a rebalance every two weeks though especially for new clients.
You could try lowering your smile line but only do this if they have a decent nail bed as you can make them look a bit naff other wise (you know when you see someone who has had french tips applied far too low?? )

HTH

Hiya,

Don't know if this will help but at the salon I work in, we recommend the client comes in every 2/3 weeks for a rebalance (infill) and after that in another 2/3 weeks for a complete rebalance (which includes backfills).

Usually after two weeks they don't need backfills but again it varies for each client - some client will have quick growth, especially after having a set of nails put on.

Hi ya when i done my course with creative we were taught to do rebalance every 2 weeks hth

Latest posts

Back