Bad breath-client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, some of these replies are so funny. Totally agree with the intimate waxing one! And the stale fag breath when facial waxing! Eugh!
One therapist I know has a little notice in her room, and on her treatment leaflets saying that 'personal hygiene, especially with intimate waxing is greatly appreciated and please respect your therapist...etc etc' meaning don't come straight from the gym or anything for a Brazilian!
Apparently it has lost her a few clients! But hey Ho, they're probably the main culprits!

Keep gum and breath mints in your drawer. Next time a client comes in with that issue, take a piece of gum or breath mint for yourself and offer him/her one. :)

This is what I do. I take one for me and say 'would you like one? ' they always say, without fail, 'do I need one? 'And I go 'Weeelll.......!' Point made!
Have to say that this is my manner though. My clients are used to it and we have a good laugh. I would never say this to a new client who doesn't know me! I'm not suggesting that everyone goes out and changes the lives of their bad breath clients lol!

Vicki

That is why I have a shower at my place and you can book a shower time into your appt.
I've had a few "surprises" on me even on my first of the morning appts and thrown them into the shower.

I had a client come in at the end of the day 7PM and had flown in from mid country (2 hour time difference) and said he had a shower at 5AM his time. He refused to shower. I refused to service.

Again, its easier to do this to men than it is to women. I will take a mint for myself and offer them one. Do they need one? I say it's a precautionary measure for both of us.

I had a lady in for a manicure the other day. She was fine, her child, however, was not.
He must have dirtied his nappy within the first 10 mins of the 30 min appointment.
I asked if she would like to pop him to the loo. She declined.
She also waited 15 mins after appointment was over for her nail polish to dry.

That's almost 45 full minutes of child poo smell.
It stank. I could have vommed.
How can people be so inconsiderate :O

Laura xx

I had a lady in for a manicure the other day. She was fine, her child, however, was not.
He must have dirtied his nappy within the first 10 mins of the 30 min appointment.

Laura xx

I feel sorry for the child! How can someone leave a nappy change? They can get such a rash.

We had a girl at college whose feet you could smell through her shoes in just a normal theory lesson. In prac they came out of the pedi bowl honking too! It wasn't right at all. I would just go nuts with the peppermint spray n try not to breathe too deeply. You couldn't say anything, even politely, as she would become abusive!

Sent from my GT-S5830i using SalonGeek mobile app

Today i had the perfect client in for a manicure, nails were in need of a good treatment, skin needed a bit moisture due to house work etc client was so friendly and chatty, only problem was bad breath, i found the treatment a struggle as the client was so friendly but the smell made me feel ill (no way she could not have noticed the smell) has anyone else came across this? How did you deal with this?xx

I deal with this a lot, but then again I am a dental nurse!

Halitosis (bad breath) can be linked to periodontal diseases (gum diseases), not just poor brushing of the teeth and need antibiotics and medicated mouth wash to help relieve and treat the problem.

Giving clients mints (high sugary foods) in some cases can make things worse for them especially if their oral hygiene is poor.

I would refer them to a dentist

I feel sorry for the child! How can someone leave a nappy change? They can get such a rash.

I know so did i. He was still roaming around though like it was normal. I wonder if she leaves it ages on a normal day. Poor kid. Poor nostrils.

Laura xx

Laura xx

your too nice, I wouldn't of asked her, I would told her to sort her poor child out there and then.

your too nice, I wouldn't of asked her, I would told her to sort her poor child out there and then.

I know. If it was my salon I would have but when your working for someone else it's hard. It's sort of a let the clients do what they want type salon :/

Laura xx

I know. If it was my salon I would have but when your working for someone else it's hard. It's sort of a let the clients do what they want type salon :/

Laura xx

It doesn't mean though you have to be like this xx

Laura, you could have said " I'll let you go and change your child, he'll be uncomfortable like that" and stood up and left the area so that she knew that you meant it. It's pretty inconsiderate for other clients too, I bet you had to air the place once she had gone.

Laura, you could have said " I'll let you go and change your child, he'll be uncomfortable like that" and stood up and left the area so that she knew that you meant it. It's pretty inconsiderate for other clients too, I bet you had to air the place once she had gone.

Yeah I got the air freshener out after.

I know, I just asked if she wanted to change him and she said no.
She didn't speak very good English, which makes me a bit uncomfortable anyway as I don't speak any other languages, I find it tricky understanding people sometimes, and awkward when I have to get them to keep repeating things, I didn't want to get into a debate with her :(

Laura xx

I find it tricky understanding people sometimes

Ha ha, says the lass from south Yorkshire! Even though I speak quite good English, I struggle with the northern accents :wink2:

I'm sure that you will be better at it next time, the trick is not to ask but to ... with a huge, friendly smile on your face... tell them that you're sure they will want to change the kid, "I'll put the kettle on whilst you do it" haha.

Tbh, if my clients are doing something that I don't like, like playing with their phone or texting, I stop what I am doing until they realise that I want them to stop. It must be the look I give them. My children have mentioned it before :wink2:

I have a client who must literally have a cigarette before her appointment as she can't handle longer than 30 mins before her next one! She stinks of smoke and it makes me gag, even when she's not talking I can smell it and after doing her nails my hands even smell of smoke after touching hers! I have to wash them 3 times and spray the room. It angers me having to do her nails as I think as a non smoker it is really inconsiderate to put me through that

Ha ha, says the lass from south Yorkshire! Even though I speak quite good English, I struggle with the northern accents :wink2:

LMAO! good point well made.
Ah dunt no what tha on abart. lol. See, to me I don't have an accent ;)

Laura xx

I have a client who must literally have a cigarette before her appointment as she can't handle longer than 30 mins before her next one! She stinks of smoke and it makes me gag, even when she's not talking I can smell it and after doing her nails my hands even smell of smoke after touching hers! I have to wash them 3 times and spray the room. It angers me having to do her nails as I think as a non smoker it is really inconsiderate to put me through that

Totally agree. I've never been a smoker and I cannot stand it! Especially if someone makes me clothes smell like it. Blurghhh

Laura xx

Totally agree. I've never been a smoker and I cannot stand it! Especially if someone makes me clothes smell like it. Blurghhh

Laura xx

its like when I am sat in the staff room eatinh lunch and the three smokers come in from outside. It puts me off my food

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

its like when I am sat in the staff room eatinh lunch and the three smokers come in from outside. It puts me off my food

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too! Sat outside earlier on my dinner as it was so sunny. There were some smokers near by and the smell put me off my ham sarni :(

Laura xx

Latest posts

Back