Balayage and all over tint

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshie_91

Reaction score
Hello geeks :)
I have a new client tomorrow and was wondering whether anyone can help me/reassure me.
She's virgin level 6 but wants a 5 all over with ombré. I plan on using wella kp 5/07 and then bleach 6% using the balayage technique. She wants the ombré fairly golden so I have 8/03 on hand if I need to tone.

My question is how difficult is it to do an all over colour and balayage at the same time and does anyone have any tips with the blending of the two? (I'm worried I will get into a mess lol!) I don't fancy putting the tint on, washing it and then highlighting as it just seems like a double process and pointless.

Thanks x

Hiya the colours sound good to me! I always like to backcomb slightly when doing ombre to avoid getting a line affect xx

Are you doing a ombré or balayage? X

Hello geeks :)
I have a new client tomorrow and was wondering whether anyone can help me/reassure me.
She's virgin level 6 but wants a 5 all over with ombré. I plan on using wella kp 5/07 and then bleach 6% using the balayage technique. She wants the ombré fairly golden so I have 8/03 on hand if I need to tone.

My question is how difficult is it to do an all over colour and balayage at the same time and does anyone have any tips with the blending of the two? (I'm worried I will get into a mess lol!) I don't fancy putting the tint on, washing it and then highlighting as it just seems like a double process and pointless.

Thanks x

Hi if you apply the lightener over the top of colour it can effect how it lifts, so I generally do two seperate colours when I do balayage. However for ombre you generally want to graduation of colours between the dark and light so I would apply your lightener at the same time as the roots.

The best advice I can give you is to work as cleanly as possible, if you get colour on your gloves wipe it off on a towel, so that you dont end up smudging it onto the ends.

For this application I would first apply your colour to all the roots, then take sections working upwards from the nape and apply the colour down and blend into your prelightener. Seperate each section with meche or foil and then move up to the next section. If you apply all the dark colour first it can get very messy as you try and seperate the hair. Again working clean and neat will make your job a lot easier.

Remember to really saturate the ends of the hair with product so that it lifts evenly, and make sure that you blend the colour well so that there are no lines. I paint the lightener over the colour up like a 'V' shape to keep dimension in the hair. Modern ombre is all about softness IMO.

Your colour choice sounds great, although it's important to take your time and if you think it will take you some time to apply the colour and develop it then I would make your dark colour 1/2 shade lighter since it might be on longer than usual and develop darker.

Hope that helps, and don't forget to share pics afterwards ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you so much for your replies I'm really excited about doing it now.

Adamlea thank you for the in depth reply that's helped me so much & reassured me.

Beckstar shes asked for ombré but judging by the pics it's much more of a balayage effect.

Will definitely post pics. Thanks guys

Xx

Hi if you apply the lightener over the top of colour it can effect how it lifts, so I generally do two seperate colours when I do balayage. However for ombre you generally want to graduation of colours between the dark and light so I would apply your lightener at the same time as the roots.

The best advice I can give you is to work as cleanly as possible, if you get colour on your gloves wipe it off on a towel, so that you dont end up smudging it onto the ends.

For this application I would first apply your colour to all the roots, then take sections working upwards from the nape and apply the colour down and blend into your prelightener. Seperate each section with meche or foil and then move up to the next section. If you apply all the dark colour first it can get very messy as you try and seperate the hair. Again working clean and neat will make your job a lot easier.

Remember to really saturate the ends of the hair with product so that it lifts evenly, and make sure that you blend the colour well so that there are no lines. I paint the lightener over the colour up like a 'V' shape to keep dimension in the hair. Modern ombre is all about softness IMO.

Your colour choice sounds great, although it's important to take your time and if you think it will take you some time to apply the colour and develop it then I would make your dark colour 1/2 shade lighter since it might be on longer than usual and develop darker.

Hope that helps, and don't forget to share pics afterwards ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Couldn't of put it better myself! Haha x

Latest posts

Back