Balayage cost

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgie.mxo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Just a quick q for the home stylists, what do you charge for balayage? I currently charge £70 or £95 depending on if their roots need tinting too. I honestly feel I should be charging more? Balayage is what I do every day and I like to think its my most skilled service.. but was wondering what the rough cost people are charging for home service these days?

I've been trying to keep it around £85-95 and include toner with that.. I'm starting to think I'm too cheap too though, as they can last up to 4-5 months between colour services!
I think I'm going to start charging around £100 for roots included and £105 if they need toner, which most do!
If they don't have roots Im going charge from £85 up to £95 for longer hair.
I offer much cheaper for roots and blow-dry in between because I don't want to be overpriced for my regular tint roots as I regard them as my bread and butter clients.
I charge £40 for roots and blow-dry and £55 for roots and cut and blow-dry.

By the way, I'm mobile too!

Hi all,
Just a quick q for the home stylists, what do you charge for balayage? I currently charge £70 or £95 depending on if their roots need tinting too. I honestly feel I should be charging more? Balayage is what I do every day and I like to think its my most skilled service.. but was wondering what the rough cost people are charging for home service these days?
Cost is hard to compare, mine differs dependant on clients hair thickness, length, toners, time taken to apply.... Complexity of the whole appointment. Price also depends on what quality products you use and and the area you're based.

I've been trying to keep it around £85-95 and include toner with that.. I'm starting to think I'm too cheap too though, as they can last up to 4-5 months between colour services!
I think I'm going to start charging around £100 for roots included and £105 if they need toner, which most do!
If they don't have roots Im going charge from £85 up to £95 for longer hair.
I offer much cheaper for roots and blow-dry in between because I don't want to be overpriced for my regular tint roots as I regard them as my bread and butter clients.
I charge £40 for roots and blow-dry and £55 for roots and cut and blow-dry.
Ideally I'd like to be making £95 per balayage (including toner). But I can't just put my prices up straight away as it will be a £20 increase. I don't offer mobile service anymore as the timing wasn't great for me. But I have a salon room with basin etc. I just wish clients understood that we need to make decent money. (I've had people complain about price increase in the past and have led me to feel really bad about it)

Cost is hard to compare, mine differs dependant on clients hair thickness, length, toners, time taken to apply.... Complexity of the whole appointment. Price also depends on what quality products you use and and the area you're based.
I use goldwell and I'm based in South London. Compared to prices around me I seem to be charging considerably less. I think when I first started out my prices were suitable but now that I'm producing better work I think that needs to be reflected in the cost. Do you include toner in your balayage cost?

I use goldwell and I'm based in South London. Compared to prices around me I seem to be charging considerably less. I think when I first started out my prices were suitable but now that I'm producing better work I think that needs to be reflected in the cost. Do you include toner in your balayage cost?
I don't include toners in my price, I charge for balayage and then a toner, it's a separate service, just like having your roots done with balayage is a separate service. As you do more you will become faster, you will learn which products work best, you will probably do training. Your price needs to reflect all of this. Cheap hair isn't nice, nice hair isn't cheap! Remember "law of attraction" if you're not familiar with it then basically you attract what you want. So ask yourself do you really want clients who don't really want to spend more than £75 but they want hair that's going to cost £200. Probably not. So if by putting your prices up, it puts people, use those spaces to book in people who are willing to pay those prices! No matter how high your prices, you're almost always going to be cheaper than someone's else!

Latest posts

Back