Unhappy customer after balayage fail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

el0iselint0n

Reaction score
Hi,
I’m wondering how to deal with a customer complaint, this is what happened.
Dyed level 4 wanting a red 6 balayage. I did a strand test and it came out well so we went ahead with the balayage with bleach
When I finished back of head I noticed the foils were BURNING hot and liquid seeping out.
I checked the hair and it was snapping, she then said she’s had numerous straightening treatments on her hair with formol (no wonder it had this reaction)

I stopped the bleaching and we decided to cut our losses and just cover greys with level 4 and I covered the bleached bits with level 4 also and just charged her for the root tint.

She’s now complaining because the bleached bits are coming through with the washes and she hasn’t got what she wanted

How would you handle this?

Thanks

Hi,
I’m wondering how to deal with a customer complaint, this is what happened.
Dyed level 4 wanting a red 6 balayage. I did a strand test and it came out well so we went ahead with the balayage with bleach
When I finished back of head I noticed the foils were BURNING hot and liquid seeping out.
I checked the hair and it was snapping, she then said she’s had numerous straightening treatments on her hair with formol (no wonder it had this reaction)

I stopped the bleaching and we decided to cut our losses and just cover greys with level 4 and I covered the bleached bits with level 4 also and just charged her for the root tint.

She’s now complaining because the bleached bits are coming through with the washes and she hasn’t got what she wanted

How would you handle this?

Thanks
This is quite a difficult one as you didn't ask her about her history, but did do a test strand.

I would offer her a recolour (dark) and some treatments and discuss what her long term plans are with her hair and give her some advice. Be nice, helpful and professional.

She has to take a little responsibility for the result as its her hair and she has had these straightners (I don't know what formol is) and didn't inform you, but you are the professional so it's down to you.

Years ago I had a similar experience; my perm client had bleach at the root area, that had been coloured over.
I asked about previous colours etc but didn't ask 'when you went darker, was it over any of the previous lighting?'

Lesson learnt for me.
This sounds like it will be for you.

No need for a refund as you didn't charge her for anything that didn't work out.

Offwr her support and help and an admittance that you should have thought of asking about straighting and you will remeber this for the future.
You want her to have great hair, and it's clear that her previous treatments have contra-indicated bleach at least.
How can you help her look good?

Best wishes

Latest posts

Back