Banding help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katty198999

Reaction score
Hey can you advise what would be the best way to remove all these awful bands in her hair to make it look seamless and natural.

She doesn’t mind having highlights / lowlights if need be she just wants to stay blonde. She has been dying this herself with home dye kits
Thanks

Is there a picture to go with the post?
If not can you give a bit more detail? :) I usually do highlights and lowlights to address banding. But does depend on how bad it is

I’ve tried but says the pic is too big and can’t work out how to get one to attach. It’s literally like yellow , white , orange then yellow again - very bad / noticeable.
Would u suggest a full head of fine highlights and a lowlight ?

I’ve tried but says the pic is too big and can’t work out how to get one to attach. It’s literally like yellow , white , orange then yellow again - very bad / noticeable.
Would u suggest a full head of fine highlights and a lowlight ?
Based on what you're saying I would do a full head of very very thin slices, use the bleach and a really low developer. Use olaplex if available. After you've finished your highlighting application, apply a quasi of a base 7 with maybe a neutral warm tone in between. If she doesn't mind warmth then go for a brunnete shade. Although a 7 might sound drastic, it will even out the base very well, and if you can put enough highlights in it, it will look more like you've added a natural lowlight, to a very light base. Then tone if necessary. I would insist on her leaving with the recommended shampoo and conditioner, and follows treatment advice if necessary.

Thanks so much for that. I will do that for her and put olaplex in

Latest posts

Back