Barbados

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TracyUK

Reaction score
Hi, was wondering if any of you have been to barbados and what you thought of, what time of year you went and what would you recommend to see etc?thanks x

I'm just looking at carribean hols.
Can anyone help???

xxxxxxxxx

I thought its nice to share to you a little of what i know of Calibbean hols.at the moment am in Cal in an island called Anguilla.it depends what kind of a holiday you want.Anguilla is nice if you want a quiet holiday otherwise you would consider Antigua,st marteen or tabago which are very busy islands.i don much though but,i love Anguilla en every thing in it.All the best in your plans.

I have been to Barbados and it is just wonderful.

By far the best time is around Christmas and the New Year - avoid the UK summer time (May-September) as this can be a high period of hurricanes etc.

I stayed at the St Lawrence Gap - many hotels there. You will love it.

Dont forget to visit the fish barbeque night at Oistens on a Friday (but leave your valuables in the hotel).

Hope this helps.

Eva

I have been to Barbados and it is just wonderful.

By far the best time is around Christmas and the New Year - avoid the UK summer time (May-September) as this can be a high period of hurricanes etc.

I stayed at the St Lawrence Gap - many hotels there. You will love it.

Dont forget to visit the fish barbeque night at Oistens on a Friday (but leave your valuables in the hotel).

Hope this helps.

Eva

Hi thanks for your reply..might be a new year break for us then as everyone I ask says to go around then :)

I've stayed at the Turtle Beach resort on the south coast, it was out of this world! We went in September and weather was great but I think maybe over the winter months would be ideal. You can go on tours which we booked so that we got to see the contrast between the rugged windswept east coast and the flashier west coast.

HTH! x

Hi babe

We went to Barbados last Dec for my daughters wedding loved it can't wait to go back the people are just amazing, we stayed at the Almond Beach and Spa resort in St James couldnt fault it.

Take care
Dawnie x

i can highly recommend this hotel in barbados from when i was in the travel industry - it underwent a complete refurbishment about 3 years ago and is situated right on the beach within walking distance from glitter bay and almond beach club its rating has been increased by the refurb from a 3* to a 4* and has a gorgeous resturant which is situated on the veranda which over looks the sea. the rooms are very big and you can always request free upgrades directly with the hotel to the superior rooms.

http://www.virginholidays.co.uk/bro...ados/escape_hotel_and_spa_by_virgin_holidays/

i know from experience that genearlly the sea on the south eastely cost can be rougher than. other parts of the island.

i apologise in advance if the link is classed as advertising but this hotel has been exclusive to virgin for the last 10-11 years that i know of and that is a recommendation by itself as any travel agent will tell you.

i hope that helps

vicky x

Latest posts

Back