Base 5 to base 8/9 ash?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rosiegwill

Reaction score
I have a lady base 5 which throws off a lot of warm tones, she has highlights in right now. she wants to be about a base 8/9 a very cool blonde.(highlights)
my question is do i bleach and tone to get a more cooler result.
or just use the 9 ash with 30 vol. my gut tells me bleach and tone?
what ya think.
thanks geeks:biggrin:

I have a lady base 5 which throws off a lot of warm tones, she has highlights in right now. she wants to be about a base 8/9 a very cool blonde.(highlights)
my question is do i bleach and tone to get a more cooler result.
or just use the 9 ash with 30 vol. my gut tells me bleach and tone?
what ya think.
thanks geeks:biggrin:

Hi there.

Yes you will have to bleach & tone to get this result.
If she already has highlights, you could just do a full head tone to cover the highlights.

If you just used say 9/1 with 30 vol on a base 5 it would still turn out very golden/coppery.

:biggrin:

thats what i was thinking myself. she is a new customer and she said she doesn't like bleach:rolleyes:
thanks a mill:biggrin:

thats what i was thinking myself. she is a new customer and she said she doesn't like bleach:rolleyes:

No worries. :biggrin:

Try and remember that if you want to achieve a level 9 or above with a tint only, I would make sure the clients natural base is no lower than a base 7
A base 6 tends to throw off too much warmth, so high lifting would be a good choice for this level. But sometimes even high lifts on a base 6 can throw off alot of warmth. :wink2:

:biggrin:

a lot of clients dont like bleach as its not used correctly, as long as its lifted slowly then toned then a treatment she will be fine..

I do 5 to 7 but I use 7n and 7a it goes green when on but washes off great but yeah bleach slowly with 3% and tone and treat x

just did her hair bleached with 20vol and toned came out lovely!
thanks a mill geeks::biggrin:

:) I'm quessing she had a fine texture to her hair? Did you need to use heat? IF i was doing the same service i would have used the bleach and tone or as i prefer to say "lightening mix" Congrats on another happy client! :)

i didn't use any heat, an her hair is medium texture. i definetly find the lower the perioxide when it does lift it lifts much cleaner. thanks blue for that tip:biggrin:

Wondering if anyone could help me I have a client who uses a 5/0 majirel on their hair and she wants caramel highlights and some lowlights aswell i use the NXT colour range and have chosen 11/3 on the super lightener range for the highlights but wanted to know if i could use a 7/0 for the lowlights? If I used 9% would it lift ok on the artificial 5/0 base? thanks in advance! :)

Wondering if anyone could help me I have a client who uses a 5/0 majirel on their hair and she wants caramel highlights and some lowlights aswell i use the NXT colour range and have chosen 11/3 on the super lightener range for the highlights but wanted to know if i could use a 7/0 for the lowlights? If I used 9% would it lift ok on the artificial 5/0 base? thanks in advance! :)

Unfortunately tint will not lift tint.
The only way to go lighter would be to pre-lighten or erase the color from the hair first.

Unfortunately tint will not lift tint.
The only way to go lighter would be to pre-lighten or erase the color from the hair first.

When done at college we've used tint and it has lifted tint? ok so if I bleached up the hair to the correct level could I colour over with the 11/3 and 7/0? to create the highlights and lowlights thanks for the reply! :)

When done at college we've used tint and it has lifted tint? ok so if I bleached up the hair to the correct level could I colour over with the 11/3 and 7/0? to create the highlights and lowlights thanks for the reply! :)

Yes you could tint over the pre -lightened hair, but only pre-lighten to the orange/yellow level when using a base 7 tint, otherwise the hair will go slightly green.

To achieve your 11/3, you would have to pre-lighten to pale yellow first, but only use 9/3 or 10/3 You won't need to use a high lift tint if you have already pre-lightened to such a high level. High lift tints should not be used when toning.

Yes you could tint over the pre -lightened hair, but only pre-lighten to the orange/yellow level when using a base 7 tint, otherwise the hair will go slightly green.

To achieve your 11/3, you would have to pre-lighten to pale yellow first, but only use 9/3 or 10/3 You won't need to use a high lift tint if you have already pre-lightened to such a high level. High lift tints should not be used when toning.

I thought so :) great thanks a lot for the advice! :) fingers crossed it comes out well thanks again :D

Latest posts

Back