Beach hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rac__hel

Reaction score
How would you acheive this?! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1384928527.695358.jpg

I'd use the straighteners. Clamp the hair at the top and twist the straightener clockwise then pull down a couple of inches then twist back and the anti clockwise another two inches, carry on the process right until the last couple of inches then don't twist too much to achieve smoother ends. I hope this makes sense!? :) x

You can use a sea salt spray which gives you that beach effect too x

Yep I have done that before I find it gives more of a kink but I will have to try not turning too much xx
Thanks !

i would use widest part of a curling wand then clamp parts of the hair with sectioning clips, a bit like finger curls,

wait to cool then run fingers through if still too tight.

I reduce the temperature on my straighteners and find that takes out the kink xx

Summer hairstyles are meant to be fun and low maintenance, which conveniently translates into sexy. One of the cutest and sexiest hairstyles of the summer is thick, wavy, just been to the beach hair.

Even if you are in the middle of Kansas and nowhere near a decent beach you can still get beach tousled hair. Here's how to achieve the look using the right styling products and a simple updo.

Begin by shampooing and conditioning your hair, towel dry once hair has been washed. Depending on the type of hair you have you will need to apply styling product to your wet hair, keep reading for several recommendations. Once the right styling product has been evenly applied you will need to put your hair into several braids for a few hours.

I recommend doing this in the evening when you can leave the hairdo in the braids with the product for several hours. When you wake up all you have to do is untwist your braids and you are ready to go.

Now for the styling products......

If your hair is wavy try:

Sunsilk Anti-Flat Weightless Volumizing Creme- A lightweight volumizing creme is the perfect way to keep your curls thick with just the right amount of body. Apply product to your hair in sections shaping into curls as you go. When you unbraid your hair in the morning your hair will have layers of loose waves.

Kusco-Murphy Beach Hair- The crushed bamboo in the product adds tons of volume to your hair, the more you apply to your strands, the more volume you will create. Since your hair is already wavy, you only need to apply product to the lower half of your strands to achieve a messy, beach tousled look.

If your hair is straight try:

John Frieda Ocean Waves Sea Spray Texturizing Styler- Straight hair is going to need a little extra texture in order to hold beach-like waves. To achieve this look texturizing sprays will give your hair a coarse feel, Ocean Waves is perfect and smells great too. The waves in my hair were incredible when I let my braids out and they lasted the entire day.

I love this look in summer, I'd spray sea salt spray in my hair, I love the fudge one and tie it in a loose plait for bed, then in the morning wave any bits with the straighteners, add a little more spray and scrunch it

How would you acheive this?! View attachment 48426

It's loosely wrapped around the wand then sprayed with sea salt
I used to have it like this but I used to back comb the top abit to make it more boho label m is the best sea salt iv used! X

Summer hairstyles are meant to be fun and low maintenance, which conveniently translates into sexy. One of the cutest and sexiest hairstyles of the summer is thick, wavy, just been to the beach hair.

Even if you are in the middle of Kansas and nowhere near a decent beach you can still get beach tousled hair. Here's how to achieve the look using the right styling products and a simple updo.

Begin by shampooing and conditioning your hair, towel dry once hair has been washed. Depending on the type of hair you have you will need to apply styling product to your wet hair, keep reading for several recommendations. Once the right styling product has been evenly applied you will need to put your hair into several braids for a few hours.

I recommend doing this in the evening when you can leave the hairdo in the braids with the product for several hours. When you wake up all you have to do is untwist your braids and you are ready to go.

Now for the styling products......

If your hair is wavy try:

Sunsilk Anti-Flat Weightless Volumizing Creme- A lightweight volumizing creme is the perfect way to keep your curls thick with just the right amount of body. Apply product to your hair in sections shaping into curls as you go. When you unbraid your hair in the morning your hair will have layers of loose waves.

Kusco-Murphy Beach Hair- The crushed bamboo in the product adds tons of volume to your hair, the more you apply to your strands, the more volume you will create. Since your hair is already wavy, you only need to apply product to the lower half of your strands to achieve a messy, beach tousled look.

If your hair is straight try:

John Frieda Ocean Waves Sea Spray Texturizing Styler- Straight hair is going to need a little extra texture in order to hold beach-like waves. To achieve this look texturizing sprays will give your hair a coarse feel, Ocean Waves is perfect and smells great too. The waves in my hair were incredible when I let my braids out and they lasted the entire day.

We DO NOT recommend OTC products. This is a site for Professional Hairstylists

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Even if you are in the middle of Kansas and nowhere near a decent beach you can still get beach tousled hair. Here's how to achieve the look using the right styling products and a simple updo. ......

Copying and pasting a whole article from a non pro website (article originally posted in 2007) isn't a very original or professional, now is it?

Busted ha ha ha x

Okay I'd use straightener don't curl just do bends in it but if you want a different option: here's the steps
1. Wash hair
2. Let it dry until its about 80% dry/ you want it damp
Option) on dry hair use water spray to dampen it.
3. Then add a sea salt spray or a curling gel- not a heavy duty one that's Guna leave it stiff, add to mid lengths and ends.
4. Pull all your hair to the top of your head (not neatly) ( dont tie it) then start to twirl your hair very tight until your whole pony tail is all twirled and starts to twirl back on itself.
5. Twirl the hair into a twist bun (not neatly) on the top of your head, secure it with a clip or hair band.
6. Spray a tiny bit extra sea salt spray.
Then leave to dry for a few hours naturally, (you can even sleep with this in).
Option) in salon put net over hair and heat under drier until dry.
7. Once hair is dry take it out and play with it a bit until it settles into place. Job done 😉 let me know how you go!
Works best on long hair/ I don't think it would work well on extensions good luck it gives a natural wave effect.

Looks like wand to me.

Plait the hair into 4 or 5 sections and run straighteners over it. Don't leave the end straight and finger it through xx

Might be a good idea if you long hair gals try your own technique for this on your own hair, take a pic, and share it with us!

i achieve this look like this...

- when the hair is towel tried, add the product you want to use, preferably something with some hold
- then i seperate the hair in four (hot cross bun)
- twist the front two sections AWAY from the face and the back two toward each other (so the 2 sections on the right should be going clockwise and the 2 on the left going anti clockwise)
- then dry using your dryer without the nozzle and keep twisting whilst your drying, try to get some air flowing inside the twist (it doesn't need to be super tight)

this will look really silly whilst your doing it but once its dry and you brush it all out with your fingers it really looks stunning

xxx

I think you would need a bit of a natural wave/kink for it to look this good and stay in tho. My hair is naturally pin straight and it wouldnt stay like this unless i did a wand or somethibg x

I think you would need a bit of a natural wave/kink for it to look this good and stay in tho. My hair is naturally pin straight and it wouldnt stay like this unless i did a wand or somethibg x

And my hair is very frizzy so I would need a hot styling too to control

Latest posts

Back