Beauty | Campaign Launches To Ban Animal Testing Globally

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Personally, I'm a little surprised it's taken this long! While the practice of animal testing for cosmetic purposes is already banned in the UK and Europe, there are many countries (more than you'd like to think) that still allow it to happen.

Lush Cosmetics and the Human Society International/Europe (HSI) have buddied up to launch a campaign to end animal testing once and for all. In the UK and Europe, they are also hoping to highlight and ban the practice of selling cosmetics that have been tested on animals abroad...while it's illegal to test on animals in the UK and Europe, it isn't illegal to sell products that have been tested on animals in other countries. Unbelievably.

Lush and the HSI are rolling their campaign out in no less than 48 countries and 700 Lush stores across the European Union, Australia, USA, Canada, India, Russia, New Zealand and South Korea.

The HSI will also be working at a more bureaucratic level with politicians, regulators and scientists to end cosmetic cruelty with nationwide consumer campaigns in each country.

It's a been a long time coming but we finally may be able to see a light at the end of this particularly ugly tunnel. In this day and age, there really is no need or excuse to still be testing on animals for the sake of cosmetic products. In my humble opinion.

For more information get yourself to the Lush website by clicking HERE.

Until then...geek on

Attachments

• master.lush.jpg
    master.lush.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 385
Amazing campaign. I can't wait to hear more about it.

Great news !!!

Latest posts

Back