Beauty | Dermalogica Experts Brought Together Through Education

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The cornerstone to our industry is education. It's that simple. It keeps us at the top of our game and encourages us to push boundaries ensuring that we are innovative, inventive and exciting. Of course, it also brings people together...and as The Ed. of Salon Geek, I know how essential that is! How many of us have made great friends while we've trained and learned and pushed ourselves?

This has never been more true than for Mary Raynes, Annie Lane and Sue Brown who undertook their Dermalogica training together and who, last week, reached Expert status after completing Dermalogica's three-tiered education programme which is made up a series of workshops created by the Global Curriculum Development team. The workshops are designed to further enrich knowledge of skin structure and function and to enhance understanding of ingredient technology for excellence in product treatment and recommendation. The pinnacle of Dermalogica's training is to reach Expert Status - only achieved when you have completed all elements of training.

Mary, Annie and Sue developed a close bond while working through their education together and while reaching Expert status was an enormous achievement, Mary doesn't underestimate the importance of building friendships along the way.

"Annie, Sue and I started chatting about our different salons, job roles and why we were attending training. As we ticked our classes of our lists it soon become our last [expert] class. On completing this class we all received our certificates, badges and t-shirts together. I was very proud of not only completing this for myself but also of the girls I had attended the class with."

Sue agrees. "We formed an immediate bond and decided at that moment to try and book all of our future courses together. I found this support network an essential element."

So this story is for all the geeks out there who made a great friend (or more!) while training. After all, making friends, sharing knowledge and supporting each other is what Salon Geek is all about.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 713
I agree completely, I came on sg just before starting my CND complete and have made some amazing friends on here that were also doing the complete but in different parts of the country from Scotland to Bournemouth.
They certainly helped me through my ups and downs of training. We are all at different levels now, but we all have different strengths that we can advise on. We speak nearly every day, in fact, its because of them that I joined facebook and although I've never met them, I consider them good friends.
We are hoping to get together, it's just working out when. Maybe at a CND/S2 function if there's one coming up soon!! There is also my e/a who is amazing and we are still in contact now and a couple of ladies who I met whilst training who have been amazing support and their advice has been great.They are also members of SG. I only need say glitzy lips and you know who you are :Love:
So at a difficult time, I have met many new challenges that I would not have faced as I have without my friends. You know who you are..... :Love::Love::hug::hug: xxxx

Latest posts

Back