Beauty | One Direction To Launch Make Up Line

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
You know those headlines that you have to read twice because you can't quite believe what you read? Well, this was one of those. It seems that there's no end to One Direction's money making efforts and exploitation of young girls desperate to throw their money in the band's direction isn't off limits.

Ironically, their hit song, "What Makes You Beautiful" says something along the lines of, "You turn heads when you walk through the door / Don't need make up / To cover up / Being the way that you are is enough." It appears that they've changed their minds and apparently 'you' do need make up.

Many 1D fans were heartbroken this week when the band's latest single, "Best Song Ever" only made it to number two (presumably they'll change the title to "Second Best Song Ever (This Week)?) but maybe this make up line will ease their sobbing souls.

The line, called "Little Things" and developed in collaboration with MUA, will be made up of lipstick, glosses and more. The glosses will have a different scent for each boy so that girls can buy "Harry Loves Strawberry" or "Liam Loves Cherry" and smear it all over their lips. There will be five lipsticks with names such as "Kiss You", "Rock Me" and "Moments". Add to that five nail polishes and three cheek stains, and you've got One Direction's debut foray into the world of beauty.

Oh, and just to be sure that little kids are willing to throw their pocket money at it, they are all priced at £3 and under. If you're interested they'll be available in Superdrug. Enough said.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• 1D-Lipstick-Montage-1.jpg
    1D-Lipstick-Montage-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 513
Don't I know about the 1D make up line! Like many geek mums who also have 12 year old daughters who are obsessed with this band.My daughter has already read up on the range, decided which 'flavour'she wants and what colour will suit her. Let alone the 1D pencil case, sandwich bag etc. Now do I dare tell her that all of this is going to coincide with the launch of a certain power polish new colour range...mmm perhaps 1D will be one sale down this month!

Whatever next :|

Reminds me of when JLS released a range of condoms. I guess buying a branded lipstick is not so different from buying a perfume because its got brittany spears or whoever on the bottle.

Latest posts

Back