Beauty professional opinions wanted

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmav1992

Reaction score
Hi,

Id like to gather research for my university dissertation from professionals already involved in the beauty industry.

What are day to day problems you face in your industry?

Is there an innovative service/(or) product you wished you had to make your working life in the beauty industry easier?

any suggestions are most welcome!
Thanks in advance <3

Hi,

Id like to gather research for my university dissertation from professionals already involved in the beauty industry.

What are day to day problems you face in your industry?

Is there an innovative service/(or) product you wished you had to make your working life in the beauty industry easier?

any suggestions are most welcome!
Thanks in advance <3

Day to day problems include being harrased by multiple advertising agents too regularly, and people renting space at super steep prices and those who attempt to rent space which with unrealistic, unsafe and inadequate set ups - such as inccorect furniture and products for the job.

A service I would like to see is some sort of board of regulation that protects small businesses from those who attempt to take advantage of those who are just starting out etc. Some regulatory body that sets the standard before those rent space they must be cleared by this body as being seen fit for rental for the proposed treatments that will be carried out there.

Hope this helps :)

Day to Day for me, I have to agree, Advertisers are a nightmare, Its like they think you don't do anything and you've got all day to talk to them. Also have recently had trouble with a competitor who has opened up near by and is offering basically everything I do but much, much cheaper. Slightly vexing, but hopefully I'll shine through!:irked:

Something to make my life easier... hmmmm..... staff who do as their told! Lol no, my girls are great. Maybe some kind of governing body who you can go to for generic advice. I am very careful with who I treat if there are any medical queries, It would be nice to have people to ask, rather than a doctor. If you give a referral letter to a client, some of the doctors charge or have told off my clients for wasting their time. Some people who have sold me machine however are great for giving me advice on medical issues for their machine but it would be nice for there to be something for standard treatments!

Daily struggles: Advertisers like the previous posters, and energy suppliers, pdq companies, telephone companies all wanting you to change and you will definitely save piney (yeah right) and anyone being able to train on day courses and start a "business"

The beauty industry needs a governing body, everyone needs to sit tests and practical exams before being able to get insurance to treat clients either employed or self employed.

Jemima :)

So called employers who don't adhere to the legal ways of how to pay/treat someone either through their own lack of knowledge or taking advantage. Rubbish pay that isn't proportionate to training costs and efforts. Jobs where you're at risk of getting sent home early where it becomes a gamble as to whether the cost of getting there is worth it. Employers who think it's ok to ask for your enthusiasm about a product that they can't be bothered to send you on training for. Spa girls and their spa mates (politics! ) *breathes*

I agree that more regulations are needed to protect clients from cowboys. I think the word spa is used in a misleading way. I think that at least one relaxation and one water based room should be present for someone to be able to call themselves a spa.

Latest posts

Back