Beauty room disaster!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmalou1981

Reaction score
I have just got the keys today for my own shop doing nails and beauty. It is one main room with 2 steps up through an arch into another large room the a disgusting kitchen, bathroom and 2 store rooms. I am literally setting up on my own no finance just using wages etc to set up. I have most furniture and the plan was to make all the back clean and tidy, and put a door between the 2 rooms so the second room can be a beauty room.
Now it turns out because of the size and shape of the opening it is going to cost me a fortune if I can even find anyone to make a door.
Yeah I know I'm not organised and we have looked at sliding, folding every type of doors. I am having the whole back redone in January with proper builders coming in to build partition walls, knock down other walls, plaster etc but unfortunately until then I can't afford it.
Would it be really unprofessional tout some sort of partition up or even some really nice fabrics that can be used when privacy is needed? I don't know what to do. I need to be in and earning money but until January I'm stuck with not being able to have a proper door on my beauty room. :,(
Probably ranting!! Stress!! Xx

How about a really pretty privacy screen?? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have a very small one roomed salon and got a screen from eBay just about £60 but came the next day. And I find it works great for me x

Thanks going to look :) xx

My salon is one big room but because of how it is shaped i have been able to put a curtain rail up and partition it off when I need the privacy, it's just plain black so it goes well with my colour scheme and when it's not in use I pull it back to open the salon out more plus when people come for nails and they see my beauty bed and wax pot there intrigued at what else I do. It doesn't look unprofessional if its done right hunny. X x

Hi, I have one large room, so divided it into 3 sections with verticals blinds, my colour schemes orange and brown, so had the blinds cream brown and orange looks stripey, so I just pull the blinds to gain privacy when needed, ill try to upload a pic.

I've managed one photo, but uploaded some in an album.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 325
These look fab thanks so much!! I'm excited again now :) xx

Second hand shops have some fab screens a d you can put own your own material etc x

Latest posts

Back