Beauty room going solo

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johno

Reaction score
Hi any help or advice please ? I have been offered a room to rent at the. Back of a little busy hairdresser and I'm trying to decide whether to take it ! I currently work in a beauty salon for someone else I have done for years and have quite a big clientelle but for a basic wage is it worth going it alone or not help needed

What treatments do you do ? I'd say go for it I did it & a year later I have opened my own salon :). The reason I ask about treatments is because I am more nails, individual eyelashes, waxing so the noise of hairdryers & chit chat in the salon wasent as important as it would be if I was doing more holistic treatments so just bare that in mind. Good luck on your decision :) xx

Hi any help or advice please ? I have been offered a room to rent at the. Back of a little busy hairdresser and I'm trying to decide whether to take it ! I currently work in a beauty salon for someone else I have done for years and have quite a big clientelle but for a basic wage is it worth going it alone or not help needed

If you're employed, the clients belong to the salon so don't deliberately try to poach them as it will reflect badly on you. Do you have a written contract with any radius clause written in to it?

If you're confident of your abilities and willing to work hard to promote your business, then maybe give it a try.

Have you got some money behind you to start up? It might be worth doing some market research too if you haven't already. It's a great accomplishment to work for yourself, I love it, but I've had to learn the hard way many times. It's definitely not the 'easy' option, but the most rewarding if planned carefully and not rushed. Good luck whatever you decide :)

Hi thanks for your help yes I have the money to start it up from an inheritance my main treatments are nails and hd brows etc the odd facial and massage I have no contract with salon I'm at so I'm presuming the clients I can tell where Iam going ! It's just being your own boss I've never done before slightly worried but the room I'm renting is in good location and a busy little salon so I'm going to go for it

Latest posts

Back