Beauty Room in a Gym

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Hi

I just need some advice please.

I done a promotional day yesturday at a gym for tantrick spray tanning. They have now offered for me to come down on a weekly basis - say once a week - one evening a week for a few hours - see how it goes - see how many ppl are interested.

We will be sorting this all out in July as the manager goeson holiday this week then i go away in 2 weeks so we will both be back and able to discuss this at the begining of July.

How much should I be paying her for this room - it is actually a changing room aswell - so not a nice beauty room. I was doing it in a changing cubicle yesturday and it worked fine - but obvioulsy not as nice as a proper room.

At the min I only offer spray tanning but I will be doing bio sculpure (my assesment) in July so can start to offer this and starting a beauty course in September so I will slowly but surely be offering more things.

The cubicle is ok for tanning - but wouldnt do nails or anything in there.

What is the rate I should pay I think we are both open to all suggestions. A % of what I earn. A standard fee.

I think people will also be booking through reception and I will just get handed it when I go in and will no how many people I am tanning that evening or the day before. So I think I need to keep the gym happy as they would promote it more.

I am confused! Lol!! x

I'm renting a small room in my trainer's gym when she opens next month doing facial and body waxing. It is small, but will work. I'm paying $100 a month for 6 months and after that we will evaluate how successful the business is at that point and determine a different rental rate. She is charging the other rooms I think $75/week because they are already established in their clientele. She even gave me the freedom to do whatever I want to the room. I textured, painted, and am ripping up the carpet to lay vinyl flooring that looks like real wood floors. Since I'm renting I can do whatever I want, but if I break anything or destroy anything its on me. My business, my responsibility.

As for the front desk booking appointments for you, I don't really like that idea. In my opinion they should keep your cards and info on hand to give to those interested, then they can call you for the appointment. It is a good advertising tool for you, but also for the gym too as your clients not using the gym may get inspired when they go in for their appointment. It also cuts out the middle man and any confusion or inconveniences there may be if your client needs to reschedule or if you can't make it in due to emergencies. You can have a one on one relationship with the client instead of someone relaying messages and appointments to you. Not to mention, if you talk to someone outside the gym and book them then walk in the next day and the receptionist booked someone else, there would be a problem. If you are renting a room from them then that means you are not working FOR them, therefore they should not be responsible for booking your appointments. Would be different if you were not renting and they were in charge of your salary and hours. I own my business, I book my clients, I'm in charge of what I make$$, and I rent my room. The only thing they are responsible for with my business is taking my rent money, lol. I even have my salon owner's license instead of the gym, so that if I grow and need to move then I have that and can work anywhere that does not have a license as far as they are up to codes.

This is just my view on things and how things are working in my situation.

Good luck!

I agree. The only thing they need off you and you need to give is the rent money dont be giving them a % of what you earn aswell!! leave your leaflets at the front desk with your number on and make your own appointments. If youve only got a cubicle and not a room then the rent for one day shouldnt be that much try and get it at the middle to end of week as people normally want tans for weekends nights out! you could always offer a mobile service aswell.Remember insurance!

personally, if it was me, i would look at it as you are widening their treatment range.....as well as them doing you a favour....
offer them 10% of your takings maybe offer the same deal to some other clubs, if they have spare space then it money for them for nothing!!!!
tell the club you do the same deal with others, make it a set rate.
i think this is pretty standard! xxxx

Latest posts

Back